When a new circle begins there is an initial eight week skills training which includes group contract, communication and listening skills. Future sessions are facilitated by men from the circle.
We meet fortnightly for two hours.
The charge for attending the group will be £20/£160 a session/programme.
The men gather together:
- To explore and express their emotions in a safe space.
- To develop their masculinity.
- To listen to other men and to accept them in a non-judgemental environment.
- To embrace inner wounds/pain and to seek to work with it instead of projecting it.
- To learn to take responsibility for their behaviour, body and emotions.
- To discuss significant matters that impact them at a deeper level.
Our credo… Taking full responsibility to risk being real.
In our men’s group we each take responsibility for ourselves.
To the greatest of our ability, we respond to our own needs and wants at every moment and trust that in doing so we will serve each other’s greatest good.
As I take responsibility for myself I become a more real, authentic, and credible man for you to interact with.
If I give feedback I will take responsibility to tell you graciously about anything I experience that is in conflict with my needs or wants, trusting that we will enter into dialogue with open minds.
About the host
James is an experienced psychotherapist who specialises in working with men.
He works with men on a one to one basis and in groups. He has been facilitating groups for the past 15 years. He also facilitates workshops on men's issues, writes and speaks on men's issues regularly.