Introduction to working with young people
This workshop aims to introduce ways of working with young people to help build the therapeutic relationship.
The keys areas we will look at on the day are:
- the principles of working with children and young people
- the social context of being a teenager
- awareness of safeguarding issues, confidentiality, and the support and referral process when working with young people
- common mental health issues, and the psychological tools useful for working with young people.
How we work
Our workshops are experiential to enable counsellors to participate and develop their own understanding.
Throughout the day we offer:
- group reflection and discussion
- new tools and handouts to enhance the learning experience
- time to explore, discuss and practice the new skills introduced.
About Sue Crossland
Jill Ulman Bsc PGCE & Sue Crossland BACP Accred
Jill and Sue have a wide range of experience writing and delivering training for charities, NHS and other organisations. They hold a joint belief that continuing personal development is essential within the therapy vocation. They enjoy working creatively to offer stimulating and engaging training.