Introduction to counselling course
This is a face-to-face course, delivered in an informal classroom setting
Under times of increased stress, we often need to improve our empathy and awareness in dealing with others' feelings; this is especially true now.
- Looking to develop your helping skills in a professional or voluntary role?
- Wanting to gain greater self-awareness and understanding of yourself?
- Hoping to gain more understanding of your professional and personal relationships?
- Interested in knowing more about the origins and types of counselling?
- Wanting to develop skills for self-reflection?
- Thinking about a career in counselling and psychotherapy but not sure if it is for you?
- Looking to understand more about what counselling training involves?
- Wishing to take the first step in a progressive training journey as a counsellor?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Basingstoke Counselling Service’s Introduction to Counselling is the course for you, offering a safe and professional environment from which to begin your journey of personal or professional growth.
Key course objectives
- To provide an understanding of what counselling is and its origins.
- To provide a safe environment for self-exploration and reflection.
- To develop listening and communication skills.
- To establish some basic counselling skills.
- To demonstrate how counselling skills can be usefully applied to personal and professional relationships.
The course takes place at Basingstoke Counselling Service over 10 weeks on Wednesdays between 10am and 1pm. It runs from 3rd March 2021 until 19th May 2021 (Easter break 7th and 14th April).
This is an interactive and engaging course with teaching through presentations, group exercises, role-play, and group discussions.
Entry criteria and booking
The course is open to everybody and no formal qualifications are required. To book your place on this course, visit tickettailor.com and click the 'book your place' button; this will enable you to register and pay for your place.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01256 843125 or email@example.com. Further information about our training programme can be found at basingstokecounselling.org.uk.
Please note: we recommend that those considering undertaking our professional training attend this introductory course.
Course fee: £350. This can either be paid in full upon booking a place, or you can pay a £100 deposit to secure your place. The balance of £250 would need to be paid 30 days before the course start date.
If government guidelines dictate the course can no longer take place face-to-face, the course will take place interactively online. In this instance, no refund will be given.
In the unlikely event that unforeseen circumstances arise and BCS has to cancel this course, a full refund will be given.
In the event of cancellation by the participant, BCS reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee as indicated below. All requests for cancellations must be received in writing, with changes becoming effective on the date written confirmation is received.
- 90 calendar days or more before you are due to start the course - full refund (less admin fee £25).
- Between 60 and 89 calendar days (inclusive) - 50% refund
- Between 30 and 59 calendar days (inclusive) - 25% refund.
- Within 29 calendar days of the course commencing- no refund given.
BCS is a busy, vibrant counselling and training organisation at the heart of the community. We have over 20 years’ experience in providing highly respected, comprehensive counselling training in the psychodynamic discipline. Our courses are widely recognised and held in high regard within the counselling profession.