Human Givens diploma: Psychotherapy, mental health and education
The Human Givens diploma is a flexible, part-time psychotherapy course, which you can complete at a pace that suits you. Some elements of the training are completed online, the rest is taught in person. Because of the universal applicability of what you will learn, the course has wide-ranging applications and has been taken by people from diverse backgrounds, not only those in mental health.
The first stage of the Human Givens diploma is made up of eight online courses and nine attended workshops, plus some additional home study.
We recommend you take at least a couple of the following courses, including one in-person workshop, before committing yourself to the whole diploma, just to make sure our training’s right for you. You will learn plenty on every course that you can immediately use in your work, or will find personally beneficial.
Part one diploma-linked courses:
To help you get the most out of each course, we recommend taking them in the following order, if possible. However, please note that it is essential to attend the 'guided imagery and visualisation' workshop (and ideally 'therapeutic language', too) before you attend the 'Rewind Technique' workshop.
- How to make counselling more effective (online)
- Effective brief psychotherapy (online)
- From stress to psychosis: how to prevent mental illness (online)
- The therapeutic power of language (2-day workshop)
- Guided imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change (1-day workshop)
- The Rewind Technique: Working effectively with trauma (PTSD) and phobias (2-day workshop)
- Guided Imagery 2 – additional techniques (1-day workshop)
- Understanding anxiety and managing it without drugs (online)
- How to break the cycle of depression (online)
- How to lift depression – the practical skills you need (1-day workshop)
- How to tell stories that heal (1-day workshop)
- How to control chronic anxiety (1-day workshop)
- Tacking addiction: understanding and treating all types of addictive behaviours (online)
- Stopping addictions: effective treatment and recovery (1-day workshop)
- Effective anger management (online)
- Overcoming self-harm (1-day workshop)
- Ethics for the caring professions (online)
Accredited CPD Training: Human Givens College has been providing training in the best ways to treat mental health and behavioural problems for over 20 years. Our clear, practical mental health training and our psychotherapy diploma give you the key information and skills you need to help people overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible.