Eating disorders training for professionals
In this workshop Nerissa Shaw will be exploring ways to help you engage and work with clients who present with an eating disorder. It is suitable for counsellors and therapists who want to learn more about this specialist area. It may also be helpful for anyone working in a role which involves interacting with those who may suffer from eating disorders or their carers such as non-specialist nurses, support workers, teachers or other non-specialist healthcare professionals
Course content includes:
- To consider the signs and symptoms of potential eating disorders.
- To look at the factors involved in developing and maintaining eating disorders.
- To learn about the ways in which starvation affects the mind and body.
- To explore our own attitudes to food and eating.
- To consider the importance of a whole family approach.
- To understand the support available for sufferers and their families/carers.
- To help you feel more confident in your professional role to support someone with an eating disorder and their parents/carers.
- To learn what therapeutic interventions are available .
- To learn about different treatment options.
- To explore case studies and learn how you as a professional would deal with a particular situation.
- To have time to reflect and share your own personal experiences in supporting your client group with eating disorders.
Trainer: Nerissa Shaw is an experienced therapist, supervisor and trainer and is currently the Clinical Services Manager at SWEDA. She specialises in working with clients with eating disorders.
Cost per workshop: £80, confirmation of a place will be made on full receipt of full payment.
Venue: The training will take place at our bright and airy premises in Shepton Mallet.
Booking: To book your place please call Sam Best on 01749 343 344 or email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please book as early as possible as places are limited.
Cancellations: There will be a £25 cancellation charge for cancellations up to one month of the date of training. No refunds will made for cancellations made after this time.
About Nerissa Shaw
Nerissa Shaw is an experienced therapist, supervisor and trainer and is currently the Clinical Services Manager at SWEDA - Somerset and Wessex Eating Disorder Association. SWEDA is the only charity in Somerset specialising in Eating Disorders. Nerissa specialises in working with clients with eating disorders.