CPD - working therapeutically with obesity and associated destructive eating behaviours
About this event
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity.
- To gain an understanding of the principles of the 12-step model and how it is applied for working with compulsive overeating and other eating disorders.
- To recognise addiction and its association to destructive eating behaviours.
- To explore ways of integrating this model into your own mode of therapy.
- What research has demonstrated.
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria.
- Cycle of addiction.
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating.
- Difference between group therapy and 12-step groups.
- Family/personal history.
- The solution.
- Interactive group workshop.
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and its use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Thought for the Day.
Hosted by Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 18 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.