1 day CPD workshop: working with eating disorders
This one day workshop will be of interest to all counselling and healthcare professionals faced with the growing problem of working with clients that appear to be preoccupied with weight issues/poor body image, and those who present as underweight, exhibiting food restriction and purging behaviour.
Understanding anorexia and bulimia
Delivered by Rochelle Graig - Specialist Addiction Therapist and Trainer.
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of anorexia and bulimia.
- To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers and integrating key concepts into practice.
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia/characteristics of bulimia (DSM V reference).
- Research - anorexia and addiction.
- Cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia.
- Anorexia/binge eating/bulimia - the triple threat.
- Attachment theory relating to eating disorders.
- 12-Step Model and its correlation to the Nice Guidelines for working with Eating Disorders.
To request a booking form, or for further information, please contact email@example.com or visit our website at www.mindinwestessex.org.uk