Tracy O'Connell BA (Hons) Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, MBACP
My name is Tracy O'Connell, I am an Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist qualified to degree level. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can find me on their registered list my number is 085760. I abide by the code of ethics set out by the BACP, therefore I will adhere to professional boundaries when I work at all times.
I have a private practice within walking distance of Brentwood town centre, Crystal Serenity Counselling & Psychotherapy based at The Hermitage.
I have a number of years experience working with children and adults for an organisation funded via the NHS. Covering numerous issues, such as depression, PTSD, sexual abuse, bereavement, anxiety issues, relationship issues, gender issues, and lack of self-esteem, to name but a few. In the past, I was a trustee for a nationwide stillbirth charity, thus I have experience of helping both the mothers, fathers, and extended family through their grief, giving them a safe environment to explore their loss.
I offer a non-judgemental space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings, in a confidential setting. I believe that every one of us has the potential to make changes in our lives. With the right environment, and trust built within the therapeutic relationship, I feel it allows my clients to gain the strength to explore their issues, and the beliefs they hold onto surrounding them. I am passionate about supporting each client on the road to self-discovery.
Taking the first steps to seeking counselling can appear quite daunting, & shows immense courage. It demonstrates tremendous strength, and determination to want to make positive changes in your life; enabling you to feel empowered to take back control of your life.
I am trained Integrative, therefore I can offer counselling in Humanistic, CBT, & Psychodynamic counselling. I also have qualifications in Neuroscience which allows me to understand how the mind works with the body. This means that I am able to offer a bespoke service to suit your individual needs/circumstances. I offer a warm, friendly, safe space for you to explore all your issues, working both in short & long-term counselling, tailoring therapy to your presenting issues.
I also conduct small workshops in Brentwood, covering issues such as low self-confidence/esteem, separate bereavement workshops for both adult loss & child loss, stress in the workplace & home. Please email me for further details if you're interested.
If you would like to make an appointment with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
BA (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
Adv Dip Microsoft Office
ABC certificate in counselling skills level 2 & 3
Training in psychopathology (Mental Health)
Certificate of Proficiency
Registered member of the BACP (MBACP) number: 085760
Fully DBS checked
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couple Counselling
- Eating Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- School age children Therapy
- Chronic Illnesses
- Long Covid
- Loss through medical negligence
- Childhood Bereavement
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- PTSD - in every area of Trauma, Military related, Bullying, accidents, bereavement, childhood sexual abuse, illness etc.
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
I charge the following fees:
*Free initial brief telephone consultation - up to 15minutes.
Individual counselling - £65 per session Mon-Fri.
Couple counselling - £120 per session.
Family sessions - £130 per session
I offer concessions for OAP's, students, and unemployed. - £50 Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm only. (Proof of circumstances is required to qualify.)
EAP prices available upon request.
Daytime or evening
I am qualified to counsel various issues, please contact me for a brief, free telephone consultation.
However my special interests are as follows:
- Couple counselling, helping couples to recognise, communication & togetherness are key to their relationship - allowing each of them to move away from internalising and forming assumptions which can be detrimental to their relationship as a couple as misunderstandings can form. Towards a healthier approach of learning over a period of time to appreciate that communicating openly & with clarity is a healthier approach.
- Family therapy, including issues of communication, understanding, enabling the dynamics in the family to have a healthier outlook, guiding each individual member of the family to understand and appreciate the benefit of not internalising their emotions.
- Chronic health conditions - such as, the impact of Long-Term Covid, on both the individual, and their family, Autoimmune diseases, varying from Lupus, Chron's disease, colitis, migraines, cancer, dementia, myositis, endometriosis Eating Disorders,etc. Coming to terms with how these conditions impact your body and mind on a daily basis, addressing coping strategies to enable you to live your life, forming an acceptance of what this condition means for you, and your family. Allowing you a private and safe place to explore your thoughts.
- Bereft parents, who have suffered a loss at any stage - miscarriage (both early and late), stillbirth, neonatal, or loss of a child, young or old.
- I also work with many adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, enabling the individual to find their voice and gain control back over their lives.
I operate a cancellation policy, which will be explained to you during your initial free telephone conversation.
There is a small car park at the rear of Brentwood theatre, the spaces are limited; but free.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me by email or phone and I'll be only too happy to reply.