Tina Fair Counselling Norfolk Adv Dip PC MNCS Acc.
- If you've been feeling, depressed, anxious, angry or just stuck for a long time you may well have come to the conclusion that something in you needs to change; but it can be hard to know what. Having the freedom and support to talk freely can allow you to explore your deeper feelings and make things feel a lot clearer. Maybe you've changed job, home, relationship and still feel in the same cycle, maybe you're aware of developing unhealthy habits to try and distract from the way you're feeling.
- The more aware and honest we can be with ourselves about our feelings the more they begin to make sense. Facing and resolving strong negative feelings can lead to an increase in confidence and self-esteem which can help to ease anxiety, depression, anger and stress. It often takes more courage and energy to avoid our feelings than it does to acknowledge them. BUT identifying the root of our feelings isn't always straight forward. Maybe you could use some help figuring out how to get "unstuck?"
- Of course you may have some other situation in your life which is bringing up strong feelings for you, you may have suffered a painful bereavement or loss, be experiencing relationship difficulties or have experienced shock or trauma. Under these circumstances emotions can feel both complex and overwhelming. Taking time to explore them in a safe space with acceptance and empathy support can help to put them in perspective and ease the distress you're experiencing.
- Alternatively you may simply wish to explore your feelings, thoughts and beliefs in order to understand yourself and your motivations better. Self development work can help to develop healthy self-esteem and allow you to make more informed choices in life and relationships. Unhealthy or unwelcome behaviours are often rooted in thoughts, feelings and beliefs which are not fully conscious, becoming aware of them can offer the key to long term behaviour change. That may mean discarding the things that are holding you back or actively working towards new goals and achievements.
- I also work with couples with the aim of supporting them to resolve emotional issues and improve communication enabling them to become "unstuck". Often how we feel about what happens is more important than what actually happens, these feelings can then bubble under the surface making communication tense and fraught. Being able to express the emotions can help to ease that tension and allow for meaningful dialogue.
- I aim to offer a safe, empathic and accepting space to express yourself whatever your particular concern and I would very much welcome the opportunity to work with you. Please don't hesitate to contact me...
***Please call or email to book your reduced fee 60 min consultation.***
Please also check out my blog for further resources https://www.therapyinyourownhands.org
ABOUT MY LOCATION
My consulting room on Home Farm Business Park is informal and relaxed. The location is rural and yet only 10 minutes from Norwich Airport with easy access directly from the A140 and free on site parking.
The room is on the first floor so if mobility is difficult for you please let me know when you call and I will be able to arrange an alternative venue.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (2018)
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing (2016)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad.Dip PC (2016)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (2015)
- 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (2015)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Dip PC (2014)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling skills (Dip Hyp CS) 2013
My previous relevant experience includes a total of nearly 15 years supporting, learning about and learning from people in a variety of settings including a drug rehabilitation centre, prisons and housing projects. Prior to qualifying the core of my work involved using counselling skills to support people coping with addictions, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, emotional distress, bereavement, loss, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
As my private practice has developed over the last 4 years I have developed a passion for working with clients with long term issues such as depression and anxiety, issues which are deep rooted and have prevented them fully enjoying their lives for many years. We can lose a sense of ourselves when this happens and it is a pleasure and privilege to facilitate positive change. I also have experience and training in short term, goal oriented work, self development, goal setting and using coaching skills to facilitate change. Whatever your situation please don't hesitate to get in touch, I'd be delighted to meet you.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
With the exception of adoption issues which are covered by uk legislation I am happy to meet with you regardless of your issue. At an initial consultation we can discuss your background and what has brought you to counselling. I will be open and honest with you regarding my level of experience and expertise in relevant areas and there is no obligation for you to continue work with me if you feel unsure.
In rare circumstances I may feel your needs would be better met by another counsellor or approach. If this is the case I would waive the initial consultation fee and endeavour, with your agreement,to find suitable support to refer you on to.
Initial consultation are at a reduced fee of £35.00 for a full 60 mins.
(Please call 07867673860 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org to book your initial consultation)
Please see my website for a full list of fees.
Fees are payable in cash/cheque at the appointment or by bank transfer prior to your appointment. Card payment facilities coming in 2020.
I generally offer face to face counselling but if this is not practical for you for any reason please contact me to discuss telephone counselling.
I operate a mutual cancellation policy whereby if either of us cancel a booked appointment with less than 24 hrs a fee is payable in respect of any inconvenience. If it is possible to rearrange the appointment for another time the same week no fee is payable.
NB: My last working day of 2019 will be Sat 21st and I will return to work on Thurs 02nd Jan 2020.
I trained as an integrative counsellor as I have an interest in and respect for a variety of counselling theories and models. I often see them as different languages each trying to communicate similar principles and concepts. If together we can find the "language" which suits you best then you can benefit not just from the work done in sessions but from having tools to take away and apply in the rest of your life.
There is no doubt in my mind that one to one therapy with an appropriate counsellor can be transformative however I know that this is not always possible and am committed, where possible, to sharing the ideas, concepts, tips and exercises that I have found useful over the years.
During 2020 I aim to develop an online library of free self-help resources, blog posts, book and resource recommendations and cost effective mini courses. Please check out www.therapyinyourownhands.co.uk in the New Year and throughout 2020.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My office is on the first floor and therefore is sadly not suitable for wheelchair access. If mobility is difficult for you please let me know and I will be happy to arrange an alternative venue.
I offer day, evening and weekend appointments. I can usually accommodate an initial consultation within 7 days. Call, text or email to book a consultation or to make further enquiries.
Types of client