Tina Fair Counselling Norfolk Adv Dip PC MNCS Acc.
- If you've been battling how you feel for a long time you may well have come to the conclusion that something in you needs to change; but it can be hard to know what. Having the freedom and support to talk freely can allow you to explore your deeper feelings can making things feel a lot clearer.
- The more aware and honest we can be with ourselves about our feelings the more they begin to make sense. Facing and resolving strong negative feelings can lead to an increase in confidence and self-esteem which can help to ease anxiety, depression, anger and stress. It often takes more courage and energy to avoid our feelings than it does to acknowledge them.
- Of course you may have some other situation in your life which is bringing up strong feelings for you, you may have suffered a painful bereavement or loss, be experiencing relationship difficulties or have experienced shock or trauma. Under these circumstances emotions can feel both complex and overwhelming. Taking time to explore them in a safe space with accepting and compassionate support can help to put them in perspective and ease the distress.
- Alternatively you may simply wish to explore your feelings, thoughts and beliefs in order to understand yourself and your motivations better. Self development work can help to develop healthy self-esteem and allow you to make more informed choices in life and relationships. Unhealthy or unwelcome behaviours are often rooted in thoughts, feelings and beliefs which are not fully conscious, becoming aware of them can offer the key to long term behaviour change. That may mean discarding the things that are holding you back or actively working towards new goals and achievements.
- I also work with couples with the aim of supporting them to resolve emotional issues and improve communication enabling them to become "unstuck". Often how we feel about what happens is more important than what actually happens, (I can't believe we argued over the washing up....) these feelings can then bubble under the surface making communication tense and fraught. Being able to express the emotions can help to ease that tension and allow for meaningful dialogue.
- I offer a safe,compassionate and accepting space to express yourself whatever your particular concern and I would very much welcome the opportunity to work with you. Please don't hesitate to contact me...
***Please call or email to book your reduced fee 60 min consultation.***
Please also check out my blog for further resources https://www.therapyinyourownhands.org
ABOUT MY LOCATION
My consulting room on Home Farm Business Park is informal and relaxed. The location is rural and yet only 10 minutes from Norwich Airport with easy access directly from the A140 and free on site parking.
The room is on the first floor so if mobility is difficult for you please let me know when you call and I will be able to arrange an alternative venue.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (2018)
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing (2016)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad.Dip PC (2016)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (2015)
- 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (2015)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Dip PC (2014)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling skills (Dip Hyp CS) 2013
My previous relevant experience includes a total of nearly 15 years supporting, learning about and learning from people in a variety of settings including a drug rehabilitation centre, prisons and housing projects. Prior to qualifying the core of my work involved using counselling skills to support people coping with addictions, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, emotional distress, bereavement, loss, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
As my private practice has developed over the last 4 years I have developed a passion for working with clients with long term issues such as depression and anxiety who feel they have lost their way and want to know and understand their true selves. We can lose a sense of ourselves for many reasons and it is a pleasure and privilege to witness that sense of self returning. By it's very nature this work tends to be longer term but I also have experience and training in shorter term more goal oriented work and using coaching skills to facilitate change. Whatever your situation please don't hesitate to get in touch, I'd be delighted to meet you.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
With the exception of adoption issues which are covered by uk legislation I am happy to meet with you regardless of your issue. At an initial consultation we can discuss your background and what has brought you to counselling. I will be open and honest with you regarding my level of experience and expertise in relevant areas and there is no obligation for you to continue work with me if you feel unsure.
In rare circumstances I may feel your needs would be better met by another counsellor or approach. If this is the case I would waive the initial consultation fee and endeavour, with your agreement,to find suitable support to refer you on to.
Initial consultation are at a reduced fee of £35.00 for a full 60 mins.
(Please call 07867673860 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org to book your initial consultation)
Please see my website for a full list of fees.
Fees are payable in cash/cheque at the appointment or by bank transfer prior to your appointment. Apologies but I am unable to take card payments at this time.
I generally offer face to face counselling but if this is not practical for you for any reason contact me to discuss telephone counselling.
I operate a mutual cancellation policy whereby if either of us cancel a booked appointment with less than 24 hrs a fee is payable in respect of any inconvenience. If it is possible to rearrange the appointment for another time the same week no fee is payable.
I trained as an integrative counsellor as I have an interest in and admiration for a variety of counselling theories and models. I often see them as different languages each trying to communicate similar principles and concepts. If together we can find the "language" which suits you best then you can benefit not just from the work done in sessions but from having tools to take away and apply in the rest of your life.
There is no doubt in my mind that one to one therapy with an appropriate counsellor can be transformative however I know that this is not always possible and am committed, where possible, to sharing the ideas, concepts, tips and exercises that I have found useful over the years.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My office is on the first floor and therefore is sadly not suitable for wheelchair access. If mobility is difficult for you please let me know and I will be happy to arrange an alternative venue.
I offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments. I can usually accommodate an initial consultation within 7 days depending on your availability. Call/email to book a consultation.
Types of client