Simona De Gregorio
Psychotherapy is a word that derives from ancient Greek and means 'liberating the soul'. Our sessions together are an opportunity to talk about concerns and issues that might be difficult to share with family and friends and that might feel overwhelming to deal with alone.
It is a chance to feel supported, gain insight and make positive changes, in a way which respects your values, personal resources and freedom of choice.
I am passionate about facilitating transformation and healing, and providing a safe and confidential space where you can bring all of your Self, your feelings, your pain, your joy and dreams, your frustrations, your wisdom, your light and shadows.
My approach is relational, integrative and transpersonal (spiritual).
Sessions mainly involve talking, but breathing exercises, mindfulness, meditation and creativity may also be useful.
If this is something that could be healing for you, please get in touch to find out more or to book an initial consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, CCPE - Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London 2015
- BA (Bachelor) and Ma (Master) in Philosophy, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium 2008
- BA (Hons) in Dance Theatre, Trinity Laban, London 2003
- My experience as a psychotherapist:
- Maudsley Hospital, London 2014-2015
- Fresh Start Psychotherapy, London 2013-2016
- The Caravan at Saint James Piccadilly, London 2013-2014
- N 5 Counselling Service, Reading 2012-2014
- Volunteer with Mind, Hillingdon 2012-2013
- Samaritans (Listening Volunteer), Slough 2011
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£60 per session
I offer short-term and long-term counselling and psychotherapy, and work with groups, couples and one to one individually with people.
I can help with addictions, phobias, abuse, anxiety, bereavement, depression, loss, trauma, life coaching, personal development, self-esteem, sexuality, spirituality, relationships, stress and work related issues.
I work both in English and Italian, which is my mother tongue. I lived for some years in Belgium and learnt French there, so if needed, we can also speak French.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, French|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
You can park for free in the Red Lion's car park opposite St Mary's Church.
My availability is - week day mornings and afternoons, anytime Saturday and Sunday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|