Ruth White BA, BSc, MBACP (Accred.) - Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Supervisor
I believe the foundation of effective counselling and psychotherapy is the therapeutic relationship and I aim to create a relationship with you which is based on openness, honesty and trust. I will help you to talk about your difficulties, whether they are current or historic (often there is an overlap between the two).
How can I help you?
I'm an Integrative Counsellor and psychotherapist which, in essence, means I use compatible therapeutic ways of working that are tailored to your individual needs. My approach is founded on a non-judgemental approach, thereby supporting you to discuss your concerns in a warm, accepting and professional environment.
I understand that talking about painful experiences can be difficult, but doing this within an emotionally safe and supportive relationship provides you with a real opportunity for new possibilities and for the changes you wish to make.
I have 8 years' counselling and psychotherapy experience gained in a variety of settings. I work with adult clients (self-referred, EAP and charity referrals), as well as with counselling and psychotherapy trainees who seek therapy for personal growth and to fulfil training requirements.
Some of the concerns clients regularly bring to therapy are:
- anxiety/generalised anxiety disorder
- problems in relationship/s (this may be in a relationship with yourself, or with others)
- self-esteem issues
- abuse - sexual/physical/emotional
- sexual identity difficulties
- work stress/difficulties
- emotional trauma
- childhood issues that continue in adult life
There may be something completely different you want to talk about - and that's ok; I am open to listening to whatever you choose to bring to therapy.
Where do the sessions take place?
My comfortable counselling room is a self-contained and purpose-built annex at my home that has its own private entrance.
My practice is convenient for Loughborough, LE12 and surrounding villages, as well as Nottingham, NG11. Nottingham centre is also nearby with NG1 being a 20 minute drive.
I am a qualified supervisor (post-graduate level 7). I work with both qualified and trainee supervisees.
If you are interested in supervision for yourself or if you are part of a group seeking supervision, please see my supervision profile for more information.
Taking the next step...
I understand it might be difficult to take that first step but as a warm, calm and approachable person my aim is to support you from our very first contact and make the counselling journey a rewarding process for you.
I look forward to hearing from you if you'd like to take the next step. You can contact me on 07925 430018 or...
I'm happy to have a brief telephone discussion if you'd like to know any more or to arrange an initial session. I am usually able to offer an appointment within a few days (often within the same week you get in touch).
You can also find out more about me and how I work on my website: www.brookfieldscounselling.com
I am passionate about the benefits of good counselling and psychotherapy and hope to make you feel comfortable in taking the first step in arranging to come and meet with me.
I look forward to hearing from you, Ruth.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
(Coventry University & The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- I am BACP Accredited and a Registered Member (057744)
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy - in progress
- (Staffordshire University & The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision SPTI (post grad. level 7)
- BA (Hons) Humanities (including Psychology)
- Certificate Counselling Skills and Practice
- Counselling Skills course
I also undertake regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to further my own development and hence, my work with clients.
- Private practice - adult individuals, counselling/psychotherapy trainees.
- The voluntary sector, community services, higher education, NHS IAPT services
Professional Membership & Ethical Practice:
I am an Accredited and Registered member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred) and work to their ethical framework as well as that of The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (SPTI).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Individuals: £45 (50 mins)
Supervision - individuals and groups
£50 (60 mins)
Payment for all services is required in cash at the beginning of each session.
I have an interest in how early relational experiences and/or relational trauma impacts the development of an individual's sense of self and contributes to adult difficulties.
I'm happy to have a brief telephone discussion if you'd like to know any more or to arrange an initial session. Please call or text me on 07925 430018 or click here to send me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday daytime; some flexibility with evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hello, I'm Ruth and I offer a welcoming relational environment from which to explore your clinical practice. Sessions are held in East Leake on the Nottingham/Leicester border. I work with individuals and groups. .View supervision profile