Ruth White BA, BSc, MBACP (Accred.) - Counsellor/Psychotherapist/Supervisor
I believe the foundation of effective counselling and psychotherapy is relationship. My aim is to create a relationship with you which is based on openness, honesty and trust; and where I will help you to talk about your difficulties, whether they are current or historic (often there is an overlap between the two).
Our first meeting will be an assessment to enable us to see if working with me would be helpful for you.
If you'd like to talk with me prior to an assessment session, please get in touch for a free 15 minute phone consultation.
I'm a Humanistic and Integrative counsellor and psychotherapist. Essentially, this means I integrate compatible therapeutic models which are tailored to meet your unique individual needs. My approach is non-judgmental and accepting of you, and you are free to talk about anything you want to share with me. I understand that talking about painful experiences can be difficult, but doing this within a safe and supportive relationship provides you with a real opportunity for new possibilities and changes to emerge.
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist for several years and in a variety of organisations and settings. I established my private practice in 2013 where I work with individual adult clients, 18 +. Some of the concerns clients regularly bring are:
- problems in relationships
- depression and low mood
- low self-esteem and self-worth
- abuse - sexual/physical/emotional (current and/or historical)
- bereavement and loss
- sexuality/sexual identity
- work-related stress
- childhood problems that continue to impact adult life
- caring for others with life-limiting medical conditions.
There may be something completely different you want to talk about - and that's OK; I am open to listen to whatever you choose to bring to therapy.
My comfortable counselling room is a self-contained and purpose built annex at my home. It has its' own private entrance. I'm convenient for for Nottingham (20 mins from NG1), Loughborough, South Derbyshire and surrounding villages.
What do I do next?
You can contact me on 07925 430018 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd be happy to have a short discussion if you'd like to know any more or if this would be helpful to you in deciding if you'd like to book an assessment session.
You might be interested in finding out more about me and how I work on my website: www.brookfieldscounselling.com
I am passionate about the benefits of good counselling and psychotherapy and hope to make you feel comfortable in taking the first step in arranging to come and meet with me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have undertaken an in-depth professional training at the highly regarded Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute in Nottingham:
- BSc (Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
(Coventry University & The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy - in progress
- (Staffordshire University & The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- BACP Accredited and Registered Member (057744)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision SPTI (level 7)
- Additional qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Humanities (including Psychology)
- Certificate Counselling Skills and Practice
- Counselling Skills course
I regularly undertake additional training in the form of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This furthers my professional and personal development to support my work with clients.
Clinical and Academic Supervisor:
Clinical and academic supervision offered for qualified therapists and trainees. I work with individual therapists and also groups of up to 3.
Counselling, Psychotherapy & Supervision Experience:
- Private practice
- NHS IAPT
- Counselling in the voluntary sector, higher education and secondary education
- Supervision of counsellors/psychotherapists within the charity sector, NHS and private practice
Professional Membership & Ethical Practice:
I am an Accredited and Registered member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP (Accred) and I work within their ethical framework. I also adhere to the ethical framework of The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (SPTI).
- I am committed to providing a highly professional service for my clients.
- I hold a current DBS certificate.
- I'm fully insured for counselling, psychotherapy and supervision work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Individuals: £45 (50 mins)
£50 (60 mins)
Clinical and academic supervision for individual therapists and groups of up to 3. More information can be found on my supervision profile.
Concessions offered for counselling/psychotherapy students - please enquire
Payment for all services is required, in cash, at the session.
I have an interest in how early relational experiences shape personality and continue to influence the adult self.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision (Notts & Leics).View supervision profile