Patrick Brook (UKCP Registered Psychotherapist)
01273 706736 / 07958 926940
My name is Patrick Brook and I live and work in Brighton, East Sussex.
I am a senior accredited counsellor (NCS), and a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist.
I work with a variety of issues with people from all backgrounds and cultures on a short, medium or long term basis, depending on need, and I use a variety of techniques and models. My specialism is Transactional Analysis.
My counselling/psychotherapy rooms are based in the Hanover area of Brighton. Hanover has paid on-street parking, is a short walk from the city centre, and is serviced by all major bus routes.
I offer a free introductory session where you can see how you experience working with me (individuals only).
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Diploma in Counselling (Dip. Couns.) and am certified as a Transactional Analyst in the field of psychotherapy (CTA P). In addition, I hold an undergraduate honours degree in the Humanities (BA Hons), a Masters degree in the field of Communication (MA), and a teaching Diploma (DELTA).
Why choose a Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist?
A Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist has to meet the rigorous criteria of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA). Under these two bodies, as a minimum requirement, a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist must:
- Have completed no less than four years of post-graduate psychotherapy training of at least 900 hours (including supervision).
- Have no less than 750 hours of previous experience as a practitioner, at least 50 of which must be with couples or groups.
- Have been supervised by a senior practitioner all through the process at a rate of one hour of supervision for every six hours of work with clients.
- Understand mental ill health through undertaking a placement with psychiatric specialists.
- Abide by professional ethics required by both UKCP and EATA (UKATA).
- Have engaged in their own personal therapy for no less than the duration of their training.
- Submit evidence each year to demonstrate they are continuing their professional development before and after qualification.
- Submit and pass a written Dissertation/Case Study of no less 24,000 words.
- Understand child & adult psychological development.
- Have passed an oral examination with a panel of four Certified Transactional Analysts.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
Individual sessions (50 minutes) - £50
Couples sessions (75 minutes) - £75
When you first come, you can see how you experience working with me, and we can decide whether we would like to continue for an initial period. There is no charge for this initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available - please contact me for further details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Group or individual supervision can be used to support any area of your professional development.View supervision profile