Nila Yasmin - Lighthouse Counselling and Therapy
0114 254 0503 / 07759 817983
Talking about the issues you face can lead to positive and permanent changes in your life. I will help you to bring a deeper awareness to what is troubling you and I will support you to find your own answers and solutions. Looking inwards and reflecting on what is happening in your life can open up space and freedom around the emotional/psychological disturbance you are experiencing as well as helping you to live a more fulfilling life.
- You might be experiencing depression, anxiety, relationship issues, compulsive behaviour or physical symptoms in your body such as illness.
- You might be cut off from your feelings and/or overwhelmed by them.
- You might be in a personal crisis or feeling stuck, empty or without meaning in your life.
- You might feel like deep down there is something wrong with you.
- Or you might have trauma or issues from your childhood.
I am experienced at working with all of these issues as well as many others, I will listen to you with empathy and compassion and I will work with you with clarity and creativity. Everything can be included in the work we do together and nothing is taboo.
My approach is holistic in that it includes every aspect of your being (body, feelings, mind, sexuality, spirit). We all have the potential to open to the wholeness at the core of our being and to live life fully. That potential is what I am passionate about and in particular, what gets in the way of it for you, in your unique life.
I am a member of BACP and I work to their professional, ethical guidelines and I am in regular supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
MBACP registered member
UKCP trainee member
Volunteer Counsellor at Share Psychotherapy (3 years)
I am a qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor with a Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapeutic Counselling. I am in the final stages of an MA in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, having completed 4 years of clinical training.
I have been employed in the voluntary sector for the last 20 years, working for a variety of charities and non-profit organisations. The last four years have been in mental health.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Inner conflicts
- Mid-life crisis
- Lack of meaningful connections/relationships
- Lack of meaning in your life/relationships/friendships
- Feeling something is missing in your life
- Feeling lonely or alone
- Feeling like you don't belong
- Feeling unsafe
- Feeling stuck or that you can't get on in life
- Difficulty trusting others
- Self sabotaging behaviour
- Fear of life
- Difficulty making the changes you want to make
My fees per session are £40 on weekdays and £45 on Saturdays. I keep a few spaces for clients who need a concession. Low cost counselling starts at £25 per session.
Seeking help can often feel extremely difficult and in particular, making the initial contact with me might take a lot of courage, I know that it can be hard to make that first move. Please do feel free to get in touch with me for an informal chat so we can get a sense of how we might work together. There's no obligation to continue. I also offer a free 30 minute session to see if we are suited to working together.
I am available on various weekday daytimes and evenings. Weekend sessions are on Saturday.
I offer both short term and long term counselling. Sessions are weekly and last for 60 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Saturday and weekday daytime and evenings. I also offer a free 30 minute appointment (with no obligation) to see if we are suited to working together.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|