At Mind-Reframed we successfully support people who face emotional and mental health challenges such as anxiety, depression, addictions, self-harm, and personality and eating disorders with a range of therapies validated by extensive research. We specialise in supporting people who are highly sensitive and experience their emotions more intensely than an average person. Our intensive programme in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy equips people living with borderline personality disorder and emotion regulation difficulties with robust skills to recognise and manage overwhelming emotions and impulsive behaviours.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a programme for people who experience difficulties in regulating emotions, including those with borderline personality disorder (BPD) or traits. There is no specific diagnostic requirement for participation in the programme. If intense emotions, unmanageable distress or problematic behaviours interfere with your ability to be an effective human being, for example in the context of personal or professional relationships, DBT might be just what's needed. It will assist you in coping effectively with self-harm, extreme emotional sensitivity, mood swings, ADHD, eating difficulties, anger, depression, anxiety, intense relationships, impulsivity, and ultimately in building a fruitful, satisfying life.
What will I learn?
There are four core DBT modules which are attended as part of the full DBT programme. It takes 34 weeks to complete them all once, however, as the research studies conducted on DBT for BPD have all included one year of this intensive treatment, we recommend that clients commit to DBT for one year. This is subject to individual circumstances.
- Core Mindfulness and the Middle Path consists of 6 weekly sessions and is designed to teach you how to increase your awareness levels, decrease reactivity and judgmentalness, focus better, train your attention, accept current moment experiences and be more compassionate towards yourself. This module will also teach you how to avoid taking extreme positions and instead acknowledge the validity of different positions and others' perspectives.
- Distress Tolerance module lasts for 8 weeks and is centred on accepting difficult situations and emotions and finding ways to survive and tolerate the moment without engaging in problematic behaviours such as self-harm, conflict or impulsive substance misuse.
- Emotion Regulation entails 12 weekly classes and involves learning to recognise and label current emotions, identify obstacles to changing emotions, reduce emotional vulnerability and reactivity, increase positive emotions, and change emotions that are unhelpful or unwarranted.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness is spread over 8 weeks and teaches strategies for asking for what you need, saying no, setting boundaries and coping with interpersonal conflict in a way that influences others whilst enhancing the relationship and your respect. This module is of particular relevance to individuals who experience their relationships as chaotic, intense and unstable, and it teaches strategies for maintaining balanced relationships.
These skills classes are available in three London locations: Angel, King's Cross and Leytonstone and in Canterbury, Kent. For more information please go to www.mind-reframed.com or contact us by email to arrange an assessment.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to core qualifications in psychotherapy or clinical/counselling psychology our team members have completed specialist training and received expert supervision in dialectical behaviour therapy. To find out more about our team please go to www.mind-reframed.com/aboutus.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
Photos & videos
DBT Skills Classes: £85 (2 hours) or £75 (90 minutes) per session
Full DBT Programme (weekly one to one therapy + skills class): between £175 and £235 a week
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client