Michelle Glover - BSc (Hons); FdA; NLP Practitioner; MBACP; MBPsS
Hello, and welcome to my profile.
My belief is that our psychological wellbeing is on a continuum: sometimes we’re doing really well, sometimes we’re not. In my role as a counsellor, I would like to offer my support to you for those times when you’re not.
I am a relational and integrative counsellor, with a humanistic foundation. In practice this means that:
- Relational - I believe the most important facet of our work is the relationship we develop. Therefore, key to my practice is providing a warm, safe, compassionate, respectful, and confidential environment, with the intention that you feel supported to explore your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours
- Integrative - I’m educated and trained in a wide range of approaches, theories, skills and research, which enables me to connect with and understand your experience from different perspectives. Consequently I have access to many techniques that may help, and this enables me to be responsive to your unique needs
- Humanistic - I am committed to the notion that you are your own expert and have all the resources you need. However I also believe that you can benefit from additional help from the right person, and in a space that is focussed upon you and what you want.
What I offer and getting started
I offer one-hour, one-to-one sessions with adults. This is provided in a private therapeutic space at in central Newquay. Appointments can be organised by calling or emailing me via the contact details above. You are welcome to use these same contact details to ask me any preliminary questions you may have.
Our first session is very much focussed upon whether you and I feel we could beneficially work together. To do so, we may talk a little about what has brought you to meet with me, however you may not know and that is okay. You are welcome to ask me any questions you have about my practice, the process and what to expect. There is no commitment made by attending a first meeting, and if you chose to meet with me again there is no obligation to commit to a minimum or maximum number of sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree Arts (FdA) Integrative Counselling from University of Worcester (also receiving an Academic Scholarship Award)
- Bachelors in Science (BSc) Psychology from University of Plymouth accredited by the British Psychological Society (First Class Pass; also achieving Best Overall Performance Stage One)
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming from Catalyst Training, validated by the Association for NLP
- Preparing To Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS), validated by City and Guilds
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Project Management, validated by the APM Group
- Management (level five) and Leadership and Management (level three), both validated by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Mental Health Work (level two), validated by City and Guilds
- Drugs Awareness (level two), validated by City and Guilds
I’m also currently undertaking a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (DCPsych) at the Metanoia Institute, validated by Middlesex University. Upon completion I will be both a Counselling Psychologist and an Integrative Psychotherapist.
In addition to these assessed and validated qualifications, I am passionate about my Continued Professional Development (CPD) and regularly participate in further training and seminars. This enables me to constantly learn new skills and be informed of new research which can be offered to you where it may be appropriate and beneficial. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Solution Focussed Conversations
- Working With Personality Disorders
- Applied Suicide Prevention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Supervising Learners in Practice
- Harassment and Bullying
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities and Mental Health
- Equality and Diversity
- Mental Capacity Act
- Safeguarding Adults, Safeguarding Children, and Safeguarding Domestic Abuse
To complement my formal learning and CPD, I engage in weekly personal therapy and fortnightly supervision. Personal therapy enables me to remain well connected to the experience of being a client. Supervision enables you to benefit from the very best service I can provide.
For 14 years, I’ve been honoured to support people through some of the most difficult times in their lives. As part of that, I’ve also been able to contribute to some amazing transitions too. These have been in a variety of settings, including charities, not-for-profit organisations, and NHS in-patient and community psychiatric services.
Thanks for reading, and please call if you feel I can help.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
£40 per hour. Available forms of payment include cash and cheque.
As a member of the BACP, I work within the Ethical Framework.
I hold an Enhance Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday evenings, Tuesday mornings and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday and Thursday days.
Types of client