Megan Baker, BA Hons Humanistic Integrative Counsellor, Dip.Couns, MBACP
Life can throw up difficulties at any time, the loss of a loved one, a relationship breakdown, a difficult childhood, these events can lead to the development of anxiety, low mood, low self esteem and confidence. I offer one to one confidential counselling. I can work with you short term or long term, and I am here to listen to you without judgement, to help you process and organise some of the issues that are preventing you from moving forward with your life, with an end goal of becoming fully self supporting.
Sometimes just talking to a counsellor is the difference that will make the difference. Counselling can help us to understand ourselves and our actions better, a counsellor can offer you alternative coping strategies. Alongside my counselling qualifications I am a Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming Master practitioner and Life Coach if you are looking for something more directive to help you achieve your goals. I am experienced in humanistic approaches and evidence based approaches. Taking this step can be daunting and overwhelming, I aim to help you feel at ease, in a safe and confidential environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experienced in working with all ages. Currently studying a Postgraduate Qualification in Enhanced Evidence Based Practice for working with Children and Young People.
- BA Hons in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling.
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling.
- Experienced working with young people and children with Eating Disorders, including supporting parents, carers and siblings.
- Experienced in working with clients diagnosed with H.I.V, including working with family members and partners.
- Experienced in working with clients who are survivors of rape and childhood sexual abuse and sexualised violence.
- Experienced in specialised Pre-Trial therapy (Appropriate therapy leading up to a court case concerned with sexualised violence.)
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming.
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Life Coaching.
- Individual member of the BACP, and working toward BACP accreditation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I have been practicing for five years, with experience in working in many different settings. From Dorset Rape Crisis Support Centre, Body Positive, GP surgeries, hospitals, to private work. I am experienced in working with trauma, depression, anxiety, low self esteem and relational issues. I work within strict professional boundaries and hold every client with unconditional positive regard and respect. I became a counsellor because I believe everyone deserves to live well, and has the potential to do so, sometimes just a little guidance from a neutral party is required.
I look forward to hearing from you....
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client