Reg. MBACP. Integrative Therapeutic Counsellor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Sometimes Life can bring challenges. Do You Feel like No one is listening?
I am here for you and Well-done for considering Counselling to explore What is going on in your Life. I understand how hard it can be, revealing your challenges, family and friends, let alone someone you hardly know. However, that is where Counselling makes a huge difference due to confidentiality, providing you a safe place to Express your Innermost feelings and be Heard, without being Judged or being told what to do. This is where you need a trusted professional friend and have your own Voice. I am your Professional Friend to walk with on your Life Journey.
Hello, my name is Martha and welcome to my profile. If you are considering counselling, I hope I am a professional friend you can walk with on this journey. I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor, insured, registered and regulated by the counselling body; British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which means I follow their ethical code of conduct and regularly receive upgrade training and professional Supervision. Through Counselling, which to many of us may appear as the last resort, I walk alongside you, taking steps understanding your feelings with empathic skills of listening and offering empowerment. I have my own Practice called; Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks. My Professional role is to walk safely with you, empowering you making your own choices, in a safe environment, with an empathetic understanding, allowing you to be Heard.
Training, qualifications & experience
Trainings, Qualifications and Experience
- I have CPCAB Counselling Diploma Level 4 Bedfordshire Centre for Therapeutic Studies, 2019.
- I recently trained as an IAPT Counsellor, working with Peace Hospice Care in Watford, supporting the wellbeing of patients and their famillies, facing challenges with cancer.
- CPD Certificate in Spot the Signs (Suicide). Herts Mind Network 2018.
- In my spare time, I work as a Self Employeed Counsellor with Signpost Watford, supporting young people with various issues, including mental health.
- CPD Certificate in Brain spotting & Addiction Brain spotting Australia Pacific 2018.
- CPD Certificate in Introduction to Therapeutic Group work CPPD Counselling School 2018. CPD Certificate in Trauma, Child Sexual Abuse Into The Light Workshop, 2017.Survivors and Their Relationships.
- Certificate in Equality & Diversity level one Vision to Learn (2015).
- I have many years of experience in various support roles including;Working with mental health issues and vulnerable adults, with Herts Mind Network. 2015-2018.
- Bereavement and emotional well-being support with Peace Hospice Watford, where I worked Voluntarily from 2013 to the present, making a difference to the Community. I now represent their Counselling Department on their new Website www.peacehospicecare.org
- I have received adequate training working with Trauma and domestic abuse challenges, breaking isolation, fear, guilty and shame.
- I worked with substance management agency, CGL Hatfield, offering Counselling to clients facing challenges in drugs and alcohol addiction, for two years.
- In addition, I have credentials with the NHS.
The knowledge and experience I have in these specialised areas, allows me working with flexibility with various challenging issues, in a safe environment with empathy, patience, kindness and acceptance of one another as we are.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs & Betrayals
- Moving Homes
- Pet Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Internet Addiction
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Identity
- Sex Problems
- Cultural Issues & Identity
Fees and Working Time
Deciding your Counselling journey is an important decision.
Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks recognises every person as unique.
My Fees is £60 an hour.
Monday to Friday 9am – 8pm.
Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
Rates are discussed with clients struggling financially. This may also include client flexibility. Please do email me to discuss this, in person if this is your situation.
When I work
I work Monday-Friday (9am -8pm)
Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 4pm
My office is in North Watford, with easy access Road Map. I offer Face to Face Counselling, currently suspended due to Covid, Telephone Counselling and Skype.
To book an appointment or for any questions regarding Counselling, you may contact me on 07718835909
Contact me today and begin Your Journey. Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks, where Your Life Matters.