Martha Burling. Reg. MBACP. Integrative Therapeutic Counsellor
Sometimes Life can bring challenges. Do You Feel like No one is listening?
I am here for you and Well-done for considering Counselling to explore What is going on in your Life. I understand how hard it can be, revealing your challenges, family and friends, let alone someone you hardly know. However, that is where Counselling makes a huge difference due to confidentiality, providing you a safe place to Express your Innermost feelings and be Heard, without being Judged or being told what to do. This is where you need a trusted professional friend and have your own Voice. I am your Professional Friend to walk with on your Life Journey.
Hello, my name is Martha and welcome to my profile. If you are considering counselling, I hope I am a professional friend you can walk with on this journey. I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor, insured, registered and regulated by the counselling body; British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which means I follow their ethical code of conduct and regularly receive upgrade training and professional Supervision. Through Counselling, which to many of us may appear as the last resort, I walk alongside you, taking steps understanding your feelings with empathic skills of listening and offering empowerment. I have my own Practice called; Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks. My Professional role is to walk safely with you, empowering you making your own choices, in a safe environment, with an empathetic understanding, allowing you to be Heard.
Training, qualifications & experience
Trainings, Qualifications and Experience
- I have CPCAB Counselling Diploma Level 4 Bedfordshire Centre for Therapeutic Studies, 2019.
- CPD Certificate in Spot the Signs (Suicide). Herts Mind Network 2018.
- CPD Certificate in Brain spotting & Addiction Brain spotting Australia Pacific 2018.
- CPD Certificate in Introduction to Therapeutic Group work CPPD Counselling School 2018. CPD Certificate in Trauma, Child Sexual Abuse Into The Light Workshop, 2017.Survivors and Their Relationships.
- Certificate in Equality & Diversity level one Vision to Learn (2015).
- I have many years of experience in various support roles including;Working with mental health issues and vulnerable adults, with Herts Mind Network. 2015-2018.
- Bereavement and emotional well-being support with Peace Hospice Watford, where I worked Voluntarily from 2013 to the present, making a difference to the Community. I now represent their Counselling Department on their new Website www.peacehospicecare.org
- I have received adequate training working with Trauma and domestic abuse challenges, breaking isolation, fear, guilty and shame.
- I worked with substance management agency, CGL Hatfield, offering Counselling to clients facing challenges in drugs and alcohol addiction, for two years.
- In addition, I have credentials with the NHS.
The knowledge and experience I have in these specialised areas, allows me working with flexibility with various challenging issues, in a safe environment with empathy, patience, kindness and acceptance of one another as we are.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs & Betrayals
- Moving Homes
- Pet Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Internet Addiction
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Identity
- Sex Problems
- Cultural Issues & Identity
Fees and Working Time
Deciding your Counselling journey is an important decision.
Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks recognises every person as unique.
My Fees is £60 an hour.
Monday to Friday 9am – 8pm.
Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
Rates are discussed with clients struggling financially. This may also include client flexibility. Please do email me to discuss this, in person if this is your situation.
My office is in North Watford, with easy access Road Map. I offer Face to Face Counselling, currently suspended due to Covid, Telephone Counselling and Skype.
To book an appointment or for any questions regarding Counselling, you may contact me on 07718835909
Contact me today and begin Your Journey. Imatter Counselling Therapy Networks, where Your Life Matters.