Luisa Frisenda MA, BA (Hons) HCPC Reg. Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Hello and a warm welcome to you. My name is Luisa and I am a qualified and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist working with children and adults. I have twelve years experience working in the NHS, for schools and within private practice. I am skilled and able to help with many life challenges and difficulties you may be currently experiencing such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues, anger management, addictions and bereavement.
I know it can be daunting to take your first step to begin counselling but it is a sign of your strength and courage to reflect on how you can address any parts of your life and patterns of behaviour that are causing you distress and unhappiness. These can all be worked through together in a supportive, warm, non judgemental and confidential environment and at your own pace.
So what can you expect from our sessions? .......
- I will listen to you without judgement and in confidence and help you to explore and transform your emotions and behaviours.
- We will decide what your goals for counselling are and work towards achieving them week by week.
- If you feel it is helpful to you I am trained in utilising art, music, relaxation and mindfulness within sessions as well as talking.
- I can help you to experiment actively with alternative behaviours and strategies. This can help you to deal with social situations in life with greater understanding and assertiveness.
- Where you may have difficulty in verbalising experiences or feelings I am able to work with you creatively, enabling you to unlock difficult feelings without becoming overwhelmed or feeling vulnerable.
- Usually after our first assessment, sessions are arranged on a weekly basis with no minimum or maximum requirement.
- I will tailor make each session to reflect the goals that we set and to best support you on your journey.
- For children who come into counselling, I have a playroom equipped with toys, books, art materials and instruments to help with expression.
- After every 6-8 sessions we will review our work together, reflecting on the goals set to ensure that the sessions are beneficial and productive for you.
Working with children and young people
I am an Arts Psychotherapist therefore able to work creatively using art, drama, story, music etc to facilitate personal healing and growth. It works wonderfully with children and young people.
I have extensive experience working with children/young adults and have lots of resources and creative ways of working to help them.
For more information about this please don't hesitate to contact me here
I am a compassionate, dedicated and empathic therapist and offer a safe, confidential and supportive space in which to work together. I work with personal and professional integrity to support you on your journey of personal development . I really enjoy the work that I do and feel that it is a privilege to be witness to each person's story. Please call, email or text me for an initial chat about working together and/or for an appointment.
I have a private practice in the Saffron Walden area and there is free parking available outside.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and registered therapist having undertaken training at Masters degree level. I am also a Life Coach and Trainer. My qualifications are:
- MA Dramatherapy (one of the Arts Psychotherapies)
- BA Hons Theatre Studies
- Diploma in Life Coaching
- PTLLS qualified trainer
- Level 5 certificate in running a weight management consultancy
I have undertaken many other training courses and CPD workshops including:
- Safeguarding Training
- Trauma, the Brain and Recovery Framework
- Working therapeutically with families
- Working with clients who are hearing impaired
- CBT for weight loss
- Dance movement therapy
- Creative groupwork with young people
- Medicine and the Arts: Humanising Healthcare course
- Louise Hay Heal your life workshops
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Psychology and mental health certificate
- Self harming training
- Anger Management training
- First aid for babies and children
- Young people and their mental health certificate
I have over 12 years experience working as a counsellor, life coach, trainer and Dramatherapist. I have worked within mental health in the NHS, within primary and secondary schools, on freelance projects for local councils, the youth service and currently I work with a charity providing a Dramatherapy service for children and families experiencing distress and trauma.
I am registered with the HCPC (health and care professions council) and follow their code of professional practice.
I hold full insurance and am CRB checked to an enhanced level.
Testimonials are available on request contact me here
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional Eating
- Identity issues
- Feeling stuck and lack of purpose in life
- Inner child work
- Positive parenting
My fees are £45 for a 1 hour session for individual face to face counselling. Couples counselling is £60 per hour. Family counselling is £75 per 90 minute session. Concessions are available for students at £35 per hour. Payment is made at the end of each session by cash or bank transfer. Concessions available for those on a low income. Please discuss with me.
I am able to offer group therapy for counselling/therapy students who are training at a cost of £35 for an hour and a half ,weekly session, maximum 6 students per group.
Concessions offered for
- Parental/guardian consent is required for clients under 18 years of age.
I am specialised in working with clients who experience emotional over eating and am able to offer a mindful eating counselling programme tailored to this topic.
I have worked within the NHS in weight loss programmes and am a trained Lighter Life weight loss counsellor.
I am passionate about helping clients who struggle with a healthy psychological relationship with food and believe that counselling can help you to recognise how you may be using food as a comfort to make uncomfortable emotions more bearable.
Thank you for visiting this page. Wishing you all the best.