Hello, I am Lisa and I warmly welcome you to my therapy service. I am a fully qualified Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I work with adults and young people age 13 +. I provide a safe, impartial and non-judgemental space to help you to explore your feelings and concerns. We will work together to facilitate change, bring calm and build strength, helping you to move forward.
How I can support you.
Are you feeling stuck? Do you feel low, sad, anxious, alone? Maybe you are going through a life changing situation? Or maybe you just want to work on or explore improving some aspect of your wellbeing. Whatever your needs are, I am here to listen and support you to feeling well again.
We are all unique and therefore experience things differently. Therefore, I use an Integrative counselling approach which is tailor made to suit your own personal needs. This approach incorporates the main recognised counselling models such as Person-centred, Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamic and CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy).
I will help you to explore the root cause of the problem you bring. This will help you to understand what is going on and explain why you feel the way that you do. This may include bringing in a Psychodynamic way of working with the unconscious, and with parts of the self, as well as an understanding of attachment, that is our experience of early relationships with caregivers, and of relationships now. I will also support you in giving you ‘tools’ and coping strategies which will support you in building strength to move forward.
The therapy I offer outdoors involves walking at a slow pace and sitting down. We connect with nature whilst engaging in the therapy process. Nature is known to have positive psychological effects on our well-being.
What to expect in your first session.
I will be happy to arrange a FREE, 20-minute introductory telephone or online session to explore what you would like from counselling and to discuss how we might achieve it. If I seem the right fit for you, we can then make a schedule to suit your pace and budget.
Thank you for reading my profile. I can be contacted by phone or text on 07488308031 or 01782964456, email : firstname.lastname@example.org or the online form provided.
You are also welcome to follow me on Instagram; counsellingwithlisa, which will give you more information about me and how I can support you.
I am a registered member of the BACP and I am actively working towards accreditation. I have an up-to-date DBS certificate and have subscribed to the update service.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Staffordshire University - Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Integrative). Distinction.
- Introduction to Counselling - Newcastle College.
- Counselling Tutor - Accredited Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling.
- Working within a large organisation providing counselling to staff members age 18 and above.
- Working within my private practice providing counselling to clients age 13 and above.
- Attending regular clinical supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines and ethics.
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
- Level 4 Safeguarding qualifications.
- 25 years’ experience working with adults and young people, within a number of settings, including Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Careers Guidance/coaching and providing Sexual Health and Relationship support and guidance.
- Work with young people includes; careers, low self-esteem, bullying, transition stages, sexual health, healthy relationships, self-harm, anxiety and depression.
- Manchester Metropolitan University - Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Advice and Guidance.
- Mentoring Award - Huddersfield University.
- PA Diploma (work with young people). Huddersfield University.
- Staffordshire University - BA (Hons) 2:1 in Sociology.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
- Introductory Session: 20 minutes FREE.
- Online Counselling: Zoom, WhatsApp 60 minutes - £40.00.
- Telephone Counselling 60 minutes - £40.00.
- Walk and Talk Counselling: I offer outdoor therapy in the ST5 and ST8 areas. 60 mins - £45.00. 90 mins - £65.00.
- 6 (60 mins) counselling sessions £200 when paid in full.
Face To Face Counselling: I am not offering face to face appointments presently due to waiting for new premises, due to commence in the new year. Sessions will be 60 minutes - £40.00.
Monday to Wednesday: 8:30am - 8:30pm.
Friday: 8:30am - 8:30pm.
Saturday: 10:30am - 4:00pm.
Sunday: 2pm - 7pm.
My private practice presently is via Zoom, WhatsApp, Telephone and Outdoor therapy.