Lisa Peett - UKCP MBACP (Accred.) - Integrative Relational Psychotherapist
Perhaps you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed? I offer clients (couples and individuals) a relationship which supports them to move forward with a stronger sense of themselves and so better equipped to meet whatever opportunities and challenges lie ahead.
Whilst we cannot change other people and we often cannot change difficult circumstances which we find ourselves in - we can choose to adapt our own responses with better self-awareness. I offer my clients a relationship where it is safe to explore their experiences in confidence and without judgement or agenda.
- Together we might explore your past and current experiences of relationships, work, education, family, trauma, bereavement, other losses, life changes or transition.
- Together we might uncover the meaning for you of some of those experiences.
- Together we might come to understand the various ways you 'get in the way of yourself' and work together to support you to remove those blocks.
Please call me to explore how I might be able to support you to take the next step - without cost or obligation. If you would like to meet, I can usually offer an Initial Consultation within two weeks.
I allow up to 75 minutes for this session which is an opportunity for us to explore in confidence how we might work together. There is no commitment to meet again and I would encourage anyone to meet with several professionals to allow themselves to find the support which is right for them. If you decide that I am not the right person for you to work with, I may be able to signpost you to alternative professional support.
Because life happens. Because self-care isn't selfish.
I offer flexible agreements. Having explored together how I might best support you, we can arrange to meet for a planned number of sessions to focus on a particular aim, to work together throughout a particular time period or to begin open ended work.
Regular sessions last 50 minutes for individuals or 60 minutes for two people and are scheduled at the same time and day each week.
As I have sole use of my practice room, I am able to offer some flexibility on those occasions when life gets in the way of our usual session time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP registered psychotherapist
- BACP (Accredited) psychotherapist, counsellor and life coach
- MA / Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling from the Minster Centre, London
- Specialist training and experience volunteering for ChildLine and Cruse Bereavement Care
- I previously worked in marketing and communications, business development, change programmes and project management across the corporate, public and voluntary sectors
- In addition to LKP Counselling, my private practice, I continue to volunteer at a low cost service for adolescents and adults of all ages
My work with clients
Each client's story is unique and I wonder how helpful it is sometimes to assign labels - perhaps losing something of the individual experience if we rely on them for understanding. I also appreciate that it can be reassuring to potential clients to have a sense of the sorts of presenting concerns I have worked with. The following is offered with the hope that you will accept it as illustrative rather than defining.
- After the death of a loved one following a long illness, or unexpectedly, or by suicide
- Depression, including before and after pregnancy and childbirth (perinatal and post-natal)
- Difficulties adapting to a new life stage, including adolescence to adulthood, parenting, separation and aging
- Feeling overwhelmed, stressed or anxious, including experiencing panic attacks
- Low confidence or self-esteem, often accompanied by a harsh inner critic
- Making positive choices including maintaining recovery from alcohol addiction
- Recognising destructive patterns of behaviour including expressing anger, self-harm, substance misuse and disordered eating
- Relationship difficulties, including problems with communication, feeling unheard or unseen and infidelity
- Sense of feeling stuck or that something is missing, often including concerns about the future
- Concerns about sexual intimacy including questioning sexuality
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Resilience building
- Bereaved by suicide
- Parenting concerns
- Experience of living or working abroad
- Living with brain injury
- Communication skills
Initial Consultation (up to 75 minutes) - fee of £55
Weekly sessions (50 minutes) - fee of £55 - £70 depending on time of day
Initial Consultation (up to 75 minutes) - fee of £75
Weekly sessions (60 minutes) - fee of £75 - 90 depending on time of day
No charge for an initial telephone conversation prior to booking a Consultation
- Ramp access and a lift are available at Chiltern House where there is a free car park available on a first come first served basis
- Additional parking is available on-street (metered) and at two pay and display car parks within a few minutes walk (opposite the station and on Meadow Road)
- Day and evening sessions offered
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
There is ramp access to the building, a wheelchair accessible toilet on Ground floor and a lift to Second Floor where practice is situated
I have limited availability currently.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|