Linda Harris, MSc., Reg. MBACP. Counsellor Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
I have been working within the field of mental health for almost 30 years, primarily within the NHS, and have a wealth of training and experience. Additional to this I am also a ‘Specialist Counsellor’ within the NHS.
Both open ended and short term counselling for individuals and couples is available, and as a registered member of the BACP (Bristish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) I work to an exceptional standard of confidentiality.
I am a highly qualified Integrative therapist, practising from a relational approach, which means that I value our relationship, and the relationships you have with both yourself and others. I work with a variety of problems and issues such as anxiety, depression, addiction, childhood trauma/abuse, complex PTSD and relationship difficulties. I am also particularly open to discussing thoughts and feelings related to suicide and self harm. If you are experiencing this, we will explore your feelings together in a safe confidential space.
I am told I am a very approachable and easy to talk to therapist, and offer a safe and trusting place for you to work through issues that you are experiencing, or perhaps gain insight into repetitive and/or destructive behaviours. You will find me very non-judgmental and open minded, and I am able to offer you a warm and empathic environment in which to explore yourself, problems or behaviour, regardless of what these may be.
Appointments take place at my practice based in the quiet village of Podington, offering excellent access from Wellingborough, Bedford, and Milton Keynes. This is a secluded ground floor location with excellent free on street parking and disabled access. These are non residential premises, used solely for business purposes, and are highly discreet.
If you find telephoning me difficult, I am very timely in responding to e-mail enquires.
Also available - Online Video Counselling
I provide online video counselling using the platforms such as Zoom. Any guidance needed in accessing these would be provided if necessary. This is popular for the following -
•Those who are unable to access a Kink Aware therapist near them.
•Overseas clients or those who travel frequently.
•Clients who require a higher level of privacy due to being in the public eye.
•People who are housebound due to disability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. (Master of Science) Degree in Counselling (University of Northampton)
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Supervision - Independent Counselling Training
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills - Tresham Institute
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills - Tresham Institute
- Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- Animal Assisted Therapy - HumAnima CIC
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Couples Therapy - Human Givens College
- How to do counselling online - a coronavirus primer - BACP with Open University
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - MARAC
- SOVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults)
- Practice Risk Assessment
- Losing my Baby - Losing Part of Myself
- Hostage Negotiation
- Understanding Kink and BDSM - Pink Therapy
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Human Rights
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asesxual/Aromantic/Agender) Sometimes also abbreviated to GSRD (Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities) - NHFT (NHS)
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- Management of Violence and Aggression
- Barnados Thematic Workshop - Neglect
- Diploma in Health and Social Care - Milton Keynes College
- Understanding and Working With Females in Detention
- Qualified First Aider
- CPCAB Standardisation Training
- Prevent Duty for Practitioners
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Almost 30 years experience within the NHS in various hospital and community settings.
- Currently employed as ‘Specialist Women’s Counsellor’ at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust.
- Lecturer on an FE college counselling programme for the CPCAB
- Supporting adults within a secure mental health inpatient setting, acute assessment unit and NHS community CRHT/CAT (Crisis Team).
- Supporting individuals detained under various sections of The Mental Health Act.
- Experienced in working discreetly and very confidentially with media professionals who maintain a very high public profile.
- Safeguarding management of very high profile and vulnerable prisoners in maximum security HMP's
- Assosciate Director of the ‘Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Network’ https://www.icpn.co.uk
- Circles of Support and Accountability - http://www.circles-uk.org.uk
- Supporting informal Carers and Carers Assessments
- Management of community homes for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Registered Home Manager qualified and CQC compliance.
- Appropriate Adult role within Criminal Justice Centres
- Counselling within charitable organisations
- Immigration Service Detention and cultural diversity
- Adult nursing within general hospital.
- Countywide GP and Primary Care engagement to promote Carer awareness and in line with the national strategy for Carers.
- Kink Aware
- LGBTQIA/GSRD knowledgeable.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Childhood neglect and/or abuse
- Spirituality/Spiritual Crisis/Emergency
- End of life and terminal illness
- Satanic Ritual Abuse
- Family issues
- Kink Aware and psychosexual (including LGBTQIA/GSRD)
- Pet bereavement
Podington - £50 per session (£60 after 5pm)
London - £60 per session
Payments are accepted in cash, with receipt provided. Invoices are provided for organisations using employee assistance programmes.
Weekdays and occasional evenings.
- I am a 'Kink Aware' therapist.
- I have full professional indemnity insurance, and enhanced DBS (formerly CRB).
- Registered as a 'Data Controller' with the 'Information Commissioners Office' (ICO), to comply with The Data Protection Act (2018).
- Clients can refer to me directly, and I also take referrals from GP's, HR departments, health insurance providers and other health and social care professionals.
Privacy Statement: Data collected via this website, is used for the sole purpose of establishing contact. Your personal details and/or information will not be retained for any other purpose, and is not shared with third party individuals or organisations.