Linda Harris MSc., Reg. MBACP Counsellor & Psychotherapist
19 Nassau Street
01933 353308 / 07850 524191
I have been working within the field of mental health for almost 30 years, predominantly within the NHS, and have a wealth of training and experience.
I provide both long and short term counselling for individuals and couples, and work to an exceptional standard of confidentiality.
I work with a variety of problems and issues such as anxiety, depression, childhood trauma and relationship difficulties. However, if you'd like to discuss what is troubling you, you are very welcome to call or e-mail me before committing to making that first appointment.
I am told I am a very easy to talk to therapist, and offer a safe and trusting space for you to work through issues that are troubling you. You will find me very non-judgmental and open minded, and I am able to offer you a warm and empathic environment in which to explore yourself or simply 'offload'. I am very open to discussing thoughts and feelings related to suicide and self harm. If you are experiencing this, we can explore your feelings together.
I provide counselling from my practice based in the quiet village of Podington. This is a secluded ground floor location with excellent on street parking and disabled access.
Also available - Online video counselling
I provide online video counselling using the platforms VSEE and Facetime. Any guidance needed in accessing these would be provided if necessary. This is popular for the following -
- Those who are unable to access a Kink Aware therapist near them
- Overseas clients or those who travel frequently
- Clients who require a higher level of privacy due to being in the public eye.
- People who are housebound due to disability
If you find telephoning me difficult, I am very timely in responding to e-mail enquires. However if you do call, please be aware that I share my landline with one other Therapist. If you wish to leave a voicemail confidentially, then you can do this using the mobile number, as only I have access to this, and it will be deleted after processing. Please state whether or not it is safe for me to return your call, although I will always be very discreet when doing so.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. (Master of Science) Degree in Counselling (University of Northampton)
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills - Tresham Institute
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills - Tresham Institute
- Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- Animal Assisted Therapy - HumAnima CIC
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Couples Therapy - Human Givens College
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - MARAC
- SOVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults)
- Practice Risk Assessment
- Hostage Negotiation
- Understanding Kink and BDSM - Pink Therapy
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Human Rights
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asesxual/Aromantic/Agender) Sometimes also abbreviated to GSRD (Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities) - NHFT (NHS)
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- Management of Violence and Aggression
- Barnados Thematic Workshop - Neglect
- Diploma in Health and Social Care - Milton Keynes College
- Understanding and Working With Females in Detention
- Qualified First Aider
- CPCAB Standardisation Training
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Almost 30 years experience within the NHS in various hospital and community settings.
- Lecturer on an FE college counselling programme for the CPCAB
- Supporting adults within a secure mental health inpatient setting, acute assessment unit and NHS community CRHT/CAT (Crisis Team).
- Supporting individuals detained under various sections of The Mental Health Act.
- Experienced in working discreetly and very confidentially with media professionals who maintain a very high public profile.
- Safeguarding management of very high profile and vulnerable prisoners in maximum security HMP's
- Assosciate Director of the ‘Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Network’
- Circles of Support and Accountability - http://www.circles-uk.org.uk
- Supporting informal Carers and Carers Assessments
- Management of community homes for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Registered Home Manager qualified and CQC compliance.
- Appropriate Adult role within Criminal Justice Centres
- Counselling within charitable organisations
- Immigration Service Detention and cultural diversity
- Adult nursing within general hospital.
- Presenting to GP practices countywide to develop Carer awareness and primary care engagement.
- Kink Aware
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Antisocial behaviour
- Childhood neglect and/or abuse
- Family issues
- Kink and sexuality (including LGBTQIA/GSRD)
- Pet bereavement
Photos & videos
Podington - £40 per session
London £70 per session
Podington - £60 per session
London £100 per session
Payments are accepted in cash, with receipt provided.
- I am a 'Kink Aware' therapist.
- I have full professional indemnity insurance, and enhanced DBS (formerly CRB).
- Registered as a 'Data Controller' with the 'Information Commissioners Office' (ICO), to comply with The Data Protection Act (1998). GDPR adherent.
- Clients can refer to me directly, and I also take referrals from GP's, HR departments, health insurance providers and other health and social care professionals.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor location with no steps, and ground floor WC. Drop off to directly outside entrance also available. Home visits considered for individuals unable to access the community.
Weekdays and occasional evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|