Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I have been working within the field of mental health for over 30 years, primarily within the NHS, and have a wealth of training and experience.
I provide both open ended and short term counselling for individuals, and as a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) I work to an exceptional standard of confidentiality and ethics.
I am a highly qualified Integrative therapist, practising from a relational approach, which means that I value our relationship, and the relationships you have with both yourself, others, and the outside world.
I work with a variety of problems and issues such as anxiety, depression, addiction, childhood trauma/abuse, complex PTSD and relationship difficulties. I am also particularly open to discussing thoughts and feelings related to suicide and self harm. If you are experiencing this, we will explore your feelings together in a safe and confidential space.
I am told I am a very approachable and easy to talk to therapist, and offer a safe and trusting place for you to work through issues that you are experiencing, or perhaps gain insight into repetitive and/or unhelpful behaviours. You will find me very non-judgmental and open minded, and I am able to offer you a warm and empathic environment in which to explore yourself, problems or behaviour, regardless of what these may be.
Appointments take place at my practice based in the quiet village of Podington, offering excellent access from Wellingborough, Bedford, and Milton Keynes. This is a secluded ground floor location with excellent free on street parking and ground floor access. These are non residential premises, used solely for business purposes, and are highly discreet.
If you find telephoning me difficult, I am very timely in responding to e-mail enquires.
Also available - Online Video Counselling
I provide online video counselling using the platform Zoom. Any guidance needed in accessing these would be provided if necessary. This is popular for the following -
•Those who are unable to access a Kink Aware therapist near them.
•Overseas clients or those who travel frequently.
•Clients who require a higher level of privacy due to being in the public eye.
•People who are housebound due to disability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. (Master of Science) Degree in Counselling (University of Northampton)
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Supervision - Independent Counselling Training
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills - Tresham Institute
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills - Tresham Institute
- Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- Animal Assisted Therapy - HumAnima CIC
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Couples Therapy - Human Givens College
- How to do counselling online - a coronavirus primer - BACP with Open University
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - MARAC
- Level 3 Safeguarding
- Practice Risk Assessment
- Losing my Baby - Losing Part of Myself
- Understanding Kink and BDSM - Pink Therapy
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Human Rights
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asesxual/Aromantic/Agender) Sometimes also abbreviated to GSRD (Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities) - NHFT (NHS)
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- Management of Violence and Aggression
- Barnado's Thematic Workshop - Neglect
- Diploma in Health and Social Care - Milton Keynes College
- Understanding and Working With Females in Detention
- Qualified First Aider
- CPCAB Standardisation Training
- Prevent Duty for Practitioners
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Over 30 years experience within the NHS in various hospital and community settings.
- Counselling tutor in FE college for CPCAB awarding body
- Supporting adults within a secure mental health inpatient setting, acute assessment unit and NHS community CRHT/CAT (Crisis Team).
- Supporting individuals detained under various sections of The Mental Health Act.
- Experienced in working discreetly and very confidentially with media professionals who maintain a very high public profile.
- Safeguarding management of very high profile and vulnerable prisoners in maximum security HMP's
- Associate Director of the ‘Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Network’ https://www.icpn.co.uk
- Circles of Support and Accountability - http://www.circles-uk.org.uk
- Supporting informal Carers and Carers Assessments
- Management of community homes for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Registered Home Manager qualified and CQC compliance.
- Appropriate Adult role within Criminal Justice Centres
- Counselling within charitable organisations
- Immigration Service Detention and cultural diversity
- Adult nursing within general hospital.
- Countywide GP and Primary Care engagement to promote Carer awareness and in line with the national strategy for Carers.
- Kink Aware
- Qualified Supervisor
- LGBTQIA/GSRD knowledgeable.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Childhood neglect and/or abuse
- Spirituality/Spiritual Crisis/Emergency/Awakening/Dark Night of the Soul
- Anomalous experiences
- Near Death Experiences (NDE’s)
- End of life and terminal illness
- Health and bodily autonomy
- Satanic Ritual Abuse
- Family issues
- Kink Aware and psychosexual (including LGBTQIA/GSRD)
- Pet bereavement
£50.00 per session
Podington - £50 per session (£60 after 5pm)
Payments are accepted in cash, with receipt provided. Invoices are provided for organisations using employee assistance programmes.
When I work
- I am a 'Kink Aware' therapist.
- I have full professional indemnity insurance, and enhanced DBS (formerly CRB).
- Registered as a 'Data Controller' and ‘Data Processor’ with the 'Information Commissioners Office' (ICO), to comply with The Data Protection Act (2018).
- Clients can refer to me directly, and I also take referrals from GP's, HR departments, health insurance providers and other health and social care professionals.
Privacy Statement: Data collected via this website, is used for the sole purpose of establishing contact. Your personal details and/or information will not be retained for any other purpose, and is not shared with third party individuals or organisations.