Linda Harris, MSc., Reg. MBACP. Counsellor Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
I have been working within the field of mental health for almost 30 years, primarily within the NHS, and have a wealth of training and experience. Additional to this I am also a counselling course lecturer for a local college.
Both open ended and short term counselling for individuals and couples is available, and as a registered member of the BACP (Bristish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) I work to an exceptional standard of confidentiality.
I am a highly qualified Integrative therapist, practising from a relational approach, which means that I value our relationship, and the relationships you have with both yourself and others. I work with a variety of problems and issues such as anxiety, depression, childhood trauma/abuse, complex PTSD and relationship difficulties. I am also particularly open to discussing thoughts and feelings related to suicide and self harm. If you are experiencing this, we will explore your feelings together in a safe confidential space.
I am told I am a very approachable and easy to talk to therapist, and offer a safe and trusting place for you to work through issues that you are experiencing, or perhaps gain insight into repetitive and/or destructive behaviours. You will find me very non-judgmental and open minded, and I am able to offer you a warm and empathic environment in which to explore yourself, problems or behaviour, regardless of what these may be.
Appointments take place at my practice based in the quiet village of Podington, offering excellent access from Wellingborough, Bedford, and Milton Keynes. This is a secluded ground floor location with excellent free on street parking and disabled access. These are non residential premises, used solely for business purposes, and are highly discreet.
If you find telephoning me difficult, I am very timely in responding to e-mail enquires.
Also available - Online Video Counselling
I provide online video counselling using the platforms VSEE and FaceTime which is like Skype. Any guidance needed in accessing these would be provided if necessary. This is popular for the following -
•Those who are unable to access a Kink Aware therapist near them.
•Overseas clients or those who travel frequently.
•Clients who require a higher level of privacy due to being in the public eye.
•People who are housebound due to disability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc. (Master of Science) Degree in Counselling (University of Northampton)
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Supervision - Independent Counselling Training
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills - Tresham Institute
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills - Tresham Institute
- Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- Animal Assisted Therapy - HumAnima CIC
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Couples Therapy - Human Givens College
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - MARAC
- SOVA (Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults)
- Practice Risk Assessment
- Hostage Negotiation
- Understanding Kink and BDSM - Pink Therapy
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Human Rights
- LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asesxual/Aromantic/Agender) Sometimes also abbreviated to GSRD (Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversities) - NHFT (NHS)
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- Management of Violence and Aggression
- Barnados Thematic Workshop - Neglect
- Diploma in Health and Social Care - Milton Keynes College
- Understanding and Working With Females in Detention
- Qualified First Aider
- CPCAB Standardisation Training
- Prevent Duty for Practitioners
- Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- Almost 30 years experience within the NHS in various hospital and community settings.
- Lecturer on an FE college counselling programme for the CPCAB
- Supporting adults within a secure mental health inpatient setting, acute assessment unit and NHS community CRHT/CAT (Crisis Team).
- Supporting individuals detained under various sections of The Mental Health Act.
- Experienced in working discreetly and very confidentially with media professionals who maintain a very high public profile.
- Safeguarding management of very high profile and vulnerable prisoners in maximum security HMP's
- Assosciate Director of the ‘Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Network’ https://www.icpn.co.uk
- Circles of Support and Accountability - http://www.circles-uk.org.uk
- Supporting informal Carers and Carers Assessments
- Management of community homes for adults with Learning Difficulties
- Registered Home Manager qualified and CQC compliance.
- Appropriate Adult role within Criminal Justice Centres
- Counselling within charitable organisations
- Immigration Service Detention and cultural diversity
- Adult nursing within general hospital.
- Countywide GP and Primary Care engagement to promote Carer awareness and in line with the national strategy for Carers.
- Kink Aware
- LGBTQIA/GSRD knowledgeable.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Offending behaviour including sexual
- Antisocial behaviour
- Childhood neglect and/or abuse
- Family issues
- Kink Aware and psychosexual (including LGBTQIA/GSRD)
- Pet bereavement
- Spiritual Crisis/Emergency
Photos & videos
Podington - £40 per session (£50 after 5pm)
London - £50 per session
Payments are accepted in cash, with receipt provided. Invoices are provided for organisations using employee assistance programmes.
- I am a 'Kink Aware' therapist.
- I have full professional indemnity insurance, and enhanced DBS (formerly CRB).
- Registered as a 'Data Controller' with the 'Information Commissioners Office' (ICO), to comply with The Data Protection Act (2018).
- Clients can refer to me directly, and I also take referrals from GP's, HR departments, health insurance providers and other health and social care professionals.
Privacy Statement: Data collected via this website, is used for the sole purpose of establishing contact. Your personal details and/or information will not be retained for any other purpose, and is not shared with third party individuals or organisations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor location with no steps, and ground floor WC. Drop off to directly outside entrance also available. Home visits considered for individuals unable to access the community.
Weekdays and occasional evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
**COLLABORATIVE AND SUPPORTIVE SUPERVISOR FOR BOTH STUDENT AND QUALIFIED COUNSELLORS**.