Kay Capaldi, MSc, Pg Dip, MBACP, Counselling, Psychotherapy & Supervision
People consider counselling or psychotherapy for many different reasons. It offers space to focus on your difficulties in a safe and constructive way. It can help you to see things more clearly and deepen your understanding of yourself and your life. My aim is to help guide you to a better understanding of yourself, empowering you to find solutions to your issues by bringing awareness to and making changes in your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. I believe that everyone has their own answers and that given a supportive environment to explore your issues you will be able to draw upon your own inner resources to find resolution. I aim to offer a safe, caring and non-judgemental space where you will be accepted as you are so that you may:
- Talk about issues that are causing you physical, mental, emotional or spiritual distress,
- Explore your thoughts and feelings with someone out with your situation,
- Find more appropriate and healthier ways of coping,
- Gain better understanding of yourself and your relationships,
- Gain personal insights,
- Facilitate positive changes in your life,
- Energetically release feelings that have been repressed, denied or withheld.
We will work at your own pace in discovering more about yourself, your life and your challenges. Often counselling / psychotherapy helps people to feel more empowered and in control of their lives, more optimistic about the future and generally feeling happier and more content.
A leader in supporting positive transformation, I offer profound understanding of what is required to facilitate deep and lasting change. I aim to empower positive physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development for individuals and organisations utilising mindfulness, emotion focused and compassion based approaches. In particular, I specialise in helping to free my clients from difficult or painful emotions, thoughts, beliefs or behaviours that are holding them back in their lives.
Why continue to be limited by difficult or painful thoughts, feelings, behaviours or beliefs when, with the right tools, you can be free to live your life to the full!
I would be delighted to be your companion on your well-being journey in support of your personal and professional development so why not give me a call or send me a message outlining what change you would like to bring into your life!
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy, University of Strathclyde
- Emotion Focused Therapy Level I, Level II, Level III & Masterclasses, University of Strathclyde
- Developing Supervision Practice, University of Strathclyde
- Pg Dip Person-Centred Counselling, University of Strathclyde
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- Alcohol and Brief Intervention Training
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Zen Shiatsu Therapy
- Diploma in Holistic Therapies
- THETA Healing Advanced DNA Training
- Sundoor Master Firewalk Instructor & Spiritual Leadership Training
- Usui Reiki Master / Teacher
- Shamanic Studies
- Emotion Focused Therapy for social anxiety and depression
- Working with addictions and abuse within a community stress centre setting
- Working with serious ill-health, grief and loss in a hospice setting
- Working with stress, anxiety and depression in a long-term clinical setting
- Brief therapy for work-related stress and other work-related difficulties
- Drug and Alcohol counselling and support
- In-depth psychological assessment in a research setting
- Transformational workshops & events
- Transpersonal therapy & healing in private practise
- Working with stress, bereavement, loss, grief, illness, emotional issues, self-harm, anxiety, relationship difficulties, depression, addiction, inner conflict, anger, mental health problems, eating disorders, abuse, sexuality issues, low self-esteem, work issues, financial problems, major life changes, physical, mental or emotional pain in private practise.
- I have completed a body of research entitled, Pernicious Influences and Harmful Effects: A Discourse Analysis of Self-Critical, Self-Harming & Resulting Emotion Processes in Socially Anxious Clients.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Sessions can be done in person, over the phone or by Skype.
Each session lasts 50 minutes to one hour and costs £60 for individual therapy or £75 for couples therapy.
With over 18 years of therapeutic experience, I am a qualified Person-Centred & Emotion-Focused Psychotherapist & Supervisor, Healing Coach, Teacher & Master Firewalk Instructor. As a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP), I work by their Code of Ethics and Professional Standards for Practice.
I aim to empower positive emotional, cognitive, behavioural and relational development for individuals, couples and groups utilising mindfulness, emotion-focused, compassion and somatic-based approaches. Offering profound understanding of what is required to facilitate deep and lasting change, I specialise in helping to free my clients from troublesome emotions, thoughts, beliefs or behaviours that are restricting their lives or relationships. I also offer caseload supervision for other counselling and psychotherapy professionals.
In addition to working in individual settings, I design and facilitate transformational workshops and retreats which incorporate tools to heal the past, grounding to enhance the present and focus for energising future goals and aspirations.
I would be delighted to be your companion on your well-being journey or create a bespoke event for your group or organisation. So why not give me a call or send me a message outlining what change you would like to bring into your life!