Katie Ward BSc Hons MBACP
It is my priority to put you at ease and I offer kind and compassionate support for people who are struggling with emotional problems in a non-judgmental environment .
I can help you to make better sense of what is happening in your life , i can help you to 'join up the dots'.
Psychotherapy/Counselling is for anything that might be troubling you, to support you in finding out more about yourself ,and your inner strengths, and priorities . To look at your needs ,support you in making decisions and help you accept what you can and can not have control of . Also, find a more effective way of coping, and decide what is really important for you.
I use talking therapy to support my clients and sometimes use an expressive approach as a therapeutic tool if clients are struggling to find the right words to explain how they are feeling. But the client will always be given a choice.
When you first contact me we can have a chat to discuss what will happen in your first session and how often i would like to see you for example, 5 sessions once a week. Also i will talk about the way i work to make sure I am what you're looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Counselling & Psychotherapy Professional Practice.
- Professional experience working for a Community Charity with adult clients.
- Professional experience working with Children & Young People in an Educational setting.
- Qualified Bupa Counsellor
- Currently studying MSc in Advanced Psychotherpy & Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- £45.00 - £55.00 per therapeutic hour (50 mins).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday Evening, Wednesday, Saturday.
Types of client