Katie Ward - BSc (Hons) Psychotherpy & Counselling Professional Practice MBACP
Are you looking for a professional to help you talk about your issues and feelings in a 'safe' private space?
My overall aim is to provide an opportunity for you to work towards living in a more satisfying and resourceful way. To build a trusting relationship where i will listen, encourage, and empathise but also give you the opportunity to identify your troubles more clearly or from a different perspective .I can help you to make better sense of what is happening in your life and to think about possible choices, in order to make positive changes .
I can help you to 'join up the dots' and understand yourself better, to support you to move forward with difficult or distressing life events such as ;bereavement, divorce,health problems or job concerns. Or more general feelings of dissatisfaction with life .
I believe that everyone has the capacity and desire for personal growth and change , given the right conditions. I can help you come to terms with any negative feelings and inner conflicts in order to improve relationships with others or grow and develop in your own way. Offering you a greater sense of personal resources for self determined change.
Psychotherapy/Counselling is for anything that might be worrying you, to support you in finding your own solutions to resolve or cope with your situation :designed to help with self exploration .Together we can discuss emotional problems and behaviours that you are struggling with whilst assessing how to change your response to them.
My approach to therapy is informed by a predominantly Person Centred/Client Centred perspective allowing me to tailor treatment according to your individual needs . I will use talking therapy to support you and sometimes use a creative approach as a therapeutic tool which can help you find a way of expressing yourself beyond words.
Additionally, and when appropriate, i include a Mindfulness Resilience approach to support your mental wellbeing .This practice includes an awareness of your thoughts and feelings as they happen moment to moment allowing you to see the present moment more clearly .
This method can help you to enjoy the world around you more and understand yourself better. It lets you stand back from your brooding thought patterns to gradually train yourself to notice when your thoughts are taking over. Recognising that thoughts are a normal process and are simply our busy minds that do not have to control us . Helping to notice signs of stress and anxiety earlier .
But the client will always be given a choice.
When you first contact me we can have a chat to discuss whether my approach is appropriate for you and then agree on how many sessions may be appropriate.
Also , we can discuss what will happen in your first session and how often we will meet .
I am a qualified Psychotherapist/Counsellor with both a professional and academic qualifiacation : BSc (hons) First Class Degree in Psychotherapy & Counselling Professional Practice.
I provide counselling face to face or over the telephone .
Also i am a registered member of the BACP .
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Counselling & Psychotherapy Professional Practice.
- Currently studying MSc in Advanced Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Professional Counselling experience working with cultural diversity/domestic abuse/trauma/loss for a Community Charity with adult clients.
- Professional experience working with Children & Young People in an Educational setting.
- Professional experience working for Childline
- Professional experience working as a qualified Bupa Counsellor working with adults & young people
- Level 3 Safeguarding Certificate
- Mindfulness Resilience Approach Experience
- Brief Solution Focused Therapeutic Practitioner
- International Telephone Counsellor Experience
- Self employed counsellor working at 'Just Drop In' charity for disadvantaged children & young people.
- Private professional practice working with adults ,children & young people.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- £40.00 - £55.00 per therapeutic hour (50 mins).
- some concessions available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for availability.
Types of client