Kate Palmer-Counsellor & Psychotherapist-W5. MBACP, UKCP, PG DIP PSYCH.
07897 522233 / 07897 522233
Welcome. Whatever your reason for considering therapy making that initial contact may feel daunting. Perhaps you are Anxious, experiencing difficult feelings, a sense of panic that won’t subside preventing you from enjoying life, causing Relationship issues, impacting your career.
We all experience difficult emotions and anxiety at times but if these feelings become constant or overwhelming it can leave you feeling concerned and perhaps even confused as to why you feel as you do. Maybe however, you are only too aware of what you need to talk about and have specific difficulties you want to address.
How I can help you.
I am a BACP & UKCP, Registered Counsellor & Psychotherapist with 10 years experience working with a diverse range of people and difficulties. When life is hard, talking with a therapist can be the most positive decision for you and those closest to you.
In my experience, people often feel a sense of relief talking to an empathetic & experienced professional as it takes the pressure off their personal relationships. Although speaking about yourself and your feelings might feel a bit strange at first, having a space of your own can quickly become welcome.
Investment in your emotional health
Many people don't think twice about gym membership to look after their health. Therapy too is a way to promote and invest in your emotional health bringing both immediate and long lasting benefits.
As a therapist my role includes creating a safe space to support you in discussing whatever is on your mind. Together we can work on what is troubling you, look to understand what might be causing your difficulties and how to help you feel better.
How I work
My approach is psychodynamic and looks at how our past experiences can affect us in the present often in ways we are not conscious of. Working together in a supportive, non judgmental way will assist you to voice your feelings and hear yourself more clearly. Therapy can bring great relief and lasting change through greater self- awareness. Also, ways to better manage difficulties in the present.
- You're most welcome to call or email me-07897 522233
- I offer a brief initial chat free of charge to help ease possible anxieties about starting therapy.
- I aim to return your call/email the same day if I'm unable to speak when your call, please leave a message.
Type of therapy
I provide counselling and psychotherapy on both a short and long term basis.(Open ended).
- Ongoing sessions last for 50 mins and are held on the same day, time and location each week.
- I work in person but can offer Skype/phone therapy for those who cannot meet in person.
- I work with individual adults 18 yrs and over.
First Consultation -Minimal waiting time.
Our initial meeting gives you the time to speak about what is troubling you and discuss which type of therapy would suit you best if you decide you would like to continue with therapy sessions. I'm usually able to offer you an intital consultation within a week of contacting me.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained and qualified at WPF Therapy who have a reputation for clinical and academic excellence. WPF Therapy are one of the leading counselling and psychotherapy training organisations in the UK.
- Postgraduate Diploma -Psychotherapy (WPF, University of Roehampton)
- Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Client centered & Psychodynamic, WPF)
- BA Hons. University of London.
- MBACP Registered.
- UKCP Registered
- FPC Professional Member.
- Cleared Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate.
Good, Safe, Professional Practice
- Registered Member (MBACP) of BACP - British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Registered Member of UKCP- UK Council for Psychotherapy.
- FPC Professional Member-The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- Ethical Practioner I work in accordance with the Ethical codes of BACP, UKCP & FPC.
- CPD committed to continuous professional growth & development.
With 10 years of clinical Experience I have worked with a wide range of people and difficulties in private practice as well as in a business environment, as a volunteer and for several years as a qualified honorary psychotherapist at WPF Therapy.
I am able to work with any difficulties you are experiencing and also have significant experience working with Anxiety, Panic, Relationship issues, Family issues. Emotional and Physical abuse. Feeling sad, Bereavement, Depression including Prenatal & Postnatal. Miscarriage, Fertility problems, Addictions. Boarding school experience/distress. Gender Identity exploration. Gender dysphoria. Transitioning.
My other ongoing roles.
In addition to private practice, I work with children in a playgroup setting and in a separate support group for parents and carers providing both practical and therapeutic support. I also have solid experience of coaching, mentoring, team management and group facilitation. I work as a specialist mentor for students experiencing mental health difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have an interest and experience working with people who want explore their gender identity. Also, experienced in working with long term anxiety and it’s effects.
Photos & videos
- First Consultation £60
- Ongoing sessions £60
- Skype/Phone/Email Sessions £50
If you are a student or on low/no income we can discuss reduced fee options.
Consulting Room Location
Ealing Broadway-3 mins from Ealing Broadway Station.
My consulting room location is discreet, comfortable and within easy reach of:
Ealing, Ealing Broadway, Hanger Lane, West Ealing, Acton, Hanwell, Middlesex, Perivale, Gunnersbury, Brentford, Kew, Greenford, Chiswick, Syon Park, Harlesden, Wembley, Brent, Kensal Rise, Shepherd's Bush, Southall
Nearest Train Stations
Castle Bar Park
Acton Main Line
Nearest London Underground Stations
Wheelchair access: Unfortunately not.
Your enquiry will come directly to me and is confidential. You do not need a GP referral to begin therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time, Monday,Tuesday, Thursday evening. Lunchtime time appointments in central Ealing Broadway. Saturday morning.
Types of client