Do you want to understand why you feel or behave the way you do? Do you feel like you want to change or improve something? Are you struggling with some difficult experience or trauma? Whatever has brought you to this point you will get a friendly welcome in a professional and relaxing environment.
I work mainly with adults in Wilmslow face to face and online UK wide.
My clients all have unique experiences, relationships and lives and as an integrative therapist the counselling will be specific for you. You may come to me knowing exactly what you want to work through or you may feel confused, not fully understand why you feel the way you do. Either way it's OK, I will be someone who will be there to help support you through this time and any changes you want.
Together we use the sessions at your pace to work through things, you get the time and space you need. I won't make judgements about you and your life, I will listen to what you have to say and together we will work through the things that are important.
I have years of experience working with different complexities of problems and I work with people on a long or short term basis. Typically people come to me because they seek understanding and want lasting change.
I provide a discrete professional and confidential counselling service. If you have any concerns about confidentiality this can be discussed in a consultation.
Sessions can be face to face at the Wilmslow practice, via telephone and WhatsApp.
I also offer group and individual support for organisations, counselling for staff who need support at work or during periods of sickness/absence. Providing counselling to your staff is tax deductible and can reduce staff absence, assist with those needing help to return to work or for staff in a consultation period. Please get in touch with your businesses individual requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Julia Summers MBACP, Dip Counselling, BSc (Hons)Psych, Supervisor
- Rewind Trauma Therapist - IARTT Practitioner
- Integrative Counselling Training
- Full clear Enhanced DBS check
- Member and on the Register of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- I have worked in schools supporting those with problems associated with confidence, anxiety, health anxiety, self harm, bullying, family issues and those affected by loss/bereavement etc
- Specialist GAMCARE counsellor for people affected by problem gambling.
- Volunteer work at several charities for people who otherwise could not afford counselling, these have included: children's charities, working with NHS referred adults affected by sexual abuse and their families, providing support to people affected by cancer and other illnesses.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)- working with businesses to help support staff. I also offer direct employee counselling which can be offset against taxable profits this is available to sole traders, partnerships and small businesses saving you the cost of working directly with EAP providers who may be more costly.
- Work in an NHS funded charity counselling survivors/affected families of sexual abuse.
- Over 20 years working with people affected by debt issues
- Qualified Trainer - Level 3 Award for Education & Training (Formally PTLLS)
- Professionally Qualified Supervisor for other Counsellors/Supervisors. I also facilitate peer supervision groups.
- Extensive experience counselling university and school pupils, students and teachers.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Transactional Analysis
- Bereavement & Loss
- Laughter Therapy
- Sexual Abuse & associated issues
- Eating Disorders
- Self-Harm (Problem Coping Mechanisms)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Working with Children and Young People
- Sand Tray, Puppets, Figures, Art & Play work
- Anxiety including social, physical, health, work, school etc
- Addictions including working with problem gambling
- Couples Counselling
- Family Group Sessions
- Specialist Rewind Trauma Therapy Qualified
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with businesses providing counselling and psychotherapy services. Please contact me with your requirements and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
From £60.00 to £140.00
Concessions offered for
- Counselling Session- Face to Face at Wilmslow £70 - I have a limited number of sessions that I can offer a discounted rate, subject to availability. Please get in touch to discuss this further if needed.
- Rewind Trauma Therapy for Veterans- Free
- Rewind Trauma Therapy - £140, sessions last between 1-2 hrs. Subsequent sessions are 1 hr @ £70.
- Rewind Trauma Therapy for emergency services (inc ex) 25% discount
- Supervision - £60 for 1 hr, £80 for 1 1/2 hr session. I have a limited number of sessions that I can offer a discounted rate, subject to availability.
- Student Counsellors £50
Day, evening and weekend appointments.