Julia Dryden - MBACP, SW18 - Wandsworth Town
I offer you a comfortable and private space where you can have time to talk and share your concerns.
It could be that you're considering therapy and have some understanding of what might be affecting you, recognise reoccurring patterns of behaviour and situations, or you're not sure, but just know that something isn’t quite right.
Talking to a trained and experienced therapist can help. Therapy gives you the opportunity to talk more freely about your concerns making way for new possibilities. I will work with you to help you think about you and your life. Together we will aim to find clarity and understanding as well as relief.
An initial appointment offers you the chance to talk about what's on your mind and for us to think about how therapy might help make a difference.
If you would like to speak about your concerns first by telephone please contact me and we can arrange a mutually convenient time to have a brief conversation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have several years experience in private practice working with a range of issues.
- I worked as an Honorary Counsellor at the Westminster Drug Project (WDP) which provides an extensive range of support for people with substance abuse and addictive behaviour.
- I obtained substantial experience working with people in distress and feeling suicidal through my two and half years as a Samaritan.
- My background in the third sector has given me 20 years experience in trauma, cancer, bereavement and issues connected to health and wellbeing.
- Graduate Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy from the Westminster Pastoral Foundation (WPF).
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (PGDip), accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- A post trainee member of the Society of Analytical Psychology (SAP), which is accredited by the British Psychoanalytical Council (BPC) and the International Association of Analytical Psychology (IAAP).
- I am also a member of the BACP which is one of the main professional bodies that continuously regulate the standards of the profession. I therefore adhere to their code of ethics and work in the strictest of confidence.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Sessional Rate: £65.00 for each 50 minute session.
Invoice: An invoice is produced at the beginning of every month for the previous month's sessions. Payment to be made within 7 working days.
Payment: Bank transfer or cash accepted.
Concessional Rate for Brief Therapy: Six sessions for those on benefits or a low income. Fee agreed at assessment session.
My consultation room is located in a professional psychotherapy practice within easy walking distance from Wandsworth Town station.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|