Jared Green (MA, UKCP)
37-41 Gower Street
I am an experienced, UKCP registered, professional psychotherapist. I work with adults in several Central London locations.
The way I am trained applies to human psychology rather than specific situations, so I am able to work with a broad range of issues. However, I have specific experience with:
- Relationships - including intimate/romantic relationships, families and work
- Sexuality and gender issues
- Meaningless, purpose, "stuckness", ageing and lifestage issues
- Grief and loss
- Anxiety (including OCD), depression, self harm
- Work, stress, money and work/life balance issues
- Addictions and compulsivity - eating, smoking, drinking, apps & internet, work, sex and drugs
- Unresolved childhood experience and relationships, including divorce, abuse/neglect and family and parenting issues
I am an intelligent, professional and compassionate therapist. I offer a non-judgemental space and will apply myself fully to your wellbeing.
The most useful way to decide if you would like to work with me may well be to meet face to face. The first step is to have an introductory phone call which is free of charge and lasts around 20 minutes. We may then decide to meet for an introductory session, which would not commit you, but is a chance to understand if you'd like to work with me.
To get in touch use the "email me" button or the phone number above. You can also read more about me and my work on my website. Like therapy itself, all calls and emails are confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began working with clients in 2009 and I am a UKCP accredited, full clinical psychotherapist. I adhere to the UKCP code of practice.
I completed 6 years of rigorous academic, clinical and self development work and culminated in a 2 year research masters. Full details of my training are available on my website.
I also complete regular continuing professional development (CPD), and work with a senior psychotherapist as a clinical supervisor. I also run training for other therapists and run public therapeutic workshops.
I have worked in psychotherapeutic contexts in the NHS, in community organisations and in private practice. Prior to my training in psychotherapy, I worked for 15 years in international e-commerce.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Shame, self esteem and feelings of emptiness
- Body image and emotional eating
- Creativity, creative blocks and creative expression
- Narcissistic parenting
- Unhealthy patterns in relationships
- "Stuckness" and feelings of meaninglessness in life
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
£75 per 50 minute session. There is availability information available on my website. If I am full, I do maintain a waiting list.
I am able to offer telephone and online/skype counselling in order to support clients who have already established in a face to face capacity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer weekday daytime and evening sessions.
Types of client