Jared Green (MA, UKCP)
37-41 Gower Street
I imagine you're reading this because you need support. Either for an external situation you are facing, or something more internal which is troubling you. I'm glad you've found my profile and I hope I can assist.
I offer therapy to individuals in Kings Cross and near Gower Street. I work from a non-judgemental and supportive position. I'm professional, masters qualified and UKCP accredited. In my work ethics and confidentiality are paramount.
I have experience with these issues:
- Work and workplace problems
- Relationship challenges - including intimacy and romantic relationships
- Sexuality and gender issues
- Meaningless, purpose and ageing and lifestage issues
- Grief and loss
- Addictions and compulsivity - eating, smoking, drinking, apps & internet, work, sex and drugs
- Childhood abuse and neglect
We are often alerted to issues such as the above when we encounter symptoms like anxiety, or depression or we notice repeating patterns in our lives. Sometimes they show up when we feel a sense of "stuckness" or underlying feelings of "dis-ease". In my practice I tend to work both on the underlying issues as well as the presenting symptoms .
What sort of therapist am I?
I am friendly and open and believe therapy works best when there is a strong, authentic connection. I am emotionally and cognitively intelligent and I commit to applying myself fully to assisting you in your journey. I work mainly within the talking mode, but also have experience with creative techniques like meditation, art therapy and creative visualisation.
What theoretical model do you use?
I am trained as an Integrative therapist, which means I am trained in psychodynamic, humanistic and transpersonal schools of therapy and draw on each as appropriate. My way of working is holistic: I believe we are not a separate body and mind, rather that our entire being is relevant to therapy. This means while thoughts, memories and beliefs are important, exploring feelings: as experienced in our bodies, in our imagination and in our dreams, can be really useful. I find clients often have trouble "knowing what they feel" and these techniques help to resolve that, leading to living better and realising potential.
The most useful way to decide if you would like to work with me may well be to meet face to face. The first step is to have an introductory phone call which is free of charge and lasts no more than 20 minutes. At that point we may decide to meet for an introductory session, which would not commit you in any way.
To get in touch use the "email me" button or the phone number above. If emailing for an introductory phone call please provide your number and a few times which might work for a phone call. All calls and emails are confidential and read only by myself.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began working with clients in 2009 and I am a UKCP accredited, full clinical psychotherapist. I adhere to the UKCP code of practice.
Training and Qualifications
- Masters (Merit) Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy, University of Northampton
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy, Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE).
- Foundation Certificate in Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy, Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE).
- Integrating CBT Modalities (Certificate)
- Working with Addiction (Certificate)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Certificate)
As well as the formal training I have undertaken, I complete regular continuing professional development (CPD). I also work with a clinical supervisor who acts as an ongoing source of development.
I have worked in psychotherapeutic contexts in the NHS, in community organisations and in private practice. I have worked both in counselling and psychotherapy roles and also as an assessor for clients approaching a service for the first time.
I have specific experience working with victims of abuse, divorce, anxiety, depression, addiction, sexuality problems, life meaning, bereavement and stress management. My specialist research area during my training was around "hunger", which looked at emotional eating, addictive and compulsive tendencies around food and also the relationship between hunger and spirituality. I work with clients regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, ethnic or religious background.
Prior to my training in psychotherapy, I worked for 15 years in international business.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Shame, self esteem and feelings of emptiness
- Body image and emotional eating
- Creativity, creative blocks and creative expression
- Narcissistic parenting
- Unhealthy patterns in relationships
- "Stuckness" and feelings of meaninglessness in life
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
My sessions are weekly and cost £60 per 50 minute session. Some discounted sessions may be available during off-peak times, please enquire.
I am able to offer telephone and online/skype counselling in order to support clients who have already established in a face to face capacity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer weekday daytime and evening sessions.
Types of client