We all have the ability within ourselves to find the answers we need, to heal and grow towards our full potential. Nobody understands how we think and feel better than ourselves, I believe we are the experts of our own mind.
During therapy I allow you to explore your world as you know it consciously. My role as your counsellor, is not to try to interpret what I believe you are going through. I will view your world completely through your perspective, sitting alongside you as you begin to understand yourself on a whole new level. We can work together to discover what it is you feel you need to make a change.
I believe in a holistic approach to healing. I may encourage you to explore your mind, body and soul through experiential and creative therapeutic techniques. Each of these three elements connect us to who we truly are, and when one area becomes out of balance this is when mental health problems can occur. I offer guidance in inviting the mind and the body to connect through meditative practices such as mindfulness and yoga.
My motivation to support others comes from seeing people grow and change into the people they have always desired to be. To be a part of an individual's journey on such a deep level is incredibly rewarding and I love nothing more than giving each unique person the valuable time and space to be their true selves. We have many different faces that we show the world, but I provide a safe space where you can explore who you truly are, without fear of being judged.
I am a qualified yoga teacher and am open to exploring the therapeutic benefits of this practice in the therapy room. I think that having an awareness of the breath and challenging the mind to stay calm in certain postures on the mat is another window to connect us to our true selves. If we slow things down, and turn our attention inward, rather than focusing on the world outside of ourselves, we can start to understand what it is we need to heal.
Online therapy options available to those who prefer this method of communication for therapy. Choose from telephone, Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy
- IAPT Person-Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma in working with Borderline Personality Disorder an Introduction
- Understanding and working therapeutically with service users with Personality Disorder
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Work
- Safeguarding Adults & Children Level 3
- 200hr Uplifted Yoga Teacher Training
- 30 Day Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Yoga Instructor Training
- Working with Domestic Violence
- Experience of working with Personality Disorder and Trauma
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Person-Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression
Yoga for mental health
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
- 30 minute free phone consultation.
- £50 to be paid prior to each 50 minute therapy session.
- £30 to be paid prior to each 60 minute private 1:1 therapeutic yoga session.
- I offer remote sessions for both counselling and yoga as well as face to face.
- Colchester based yoga classes for groups and private 1:1 sessions.
- Yoga classes are therapeutic and restorative.
- Fully qualified and insured.
Limited spaces available, evening only.