Helen Clifford MBACP reg accred ACC reg accred
- I have been a qualified counsellor for 9 years and am experienced in working with issues such as depression, trauma, relationship difficulties and anxiety
- I work in practice near Petworth offering day time and evening appointments. Free initial consultation available.
- Counselling is based on listening and not giving advice. I can provide a safe and confidential relationship to help you to find your own solutions. I offer short term counselling can be 6-10 sessions to help explore an immediate problem. Open ended counselling enables people to develop their self awareness and to explore deeper issues safely.
- I have a wealth of life experiences and I worked for nearly six years as a voluntary counsellor in an agency in Surrey. I also worked at The Eaves In Godalming for 3 years in private practice. I now work with survivors of abuse in an organisation in West Sussex.
- I practice from home in a rural area in the South Downs within reach of Petworth, Billingshurst, Midhurst, Northchapel, Chichester and Pulborough. I work with individuals covering any type of life issue under the BACP code of ethics and have insurance and supervision. I am accessible by car and you can park in my drive.
- I also offer supervision as I am a qualified supervisor.If you would like to know more, please look at my web site. www.counsellingpetworth.co.uk
How can counselling help
Counselling can help you find your own resourcefulness, give insight into your problems and help you make changes that are helpful. It can help resolve difficulties and improve relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
I worked with young people in secondary schools and this gave me the desire to train as a counsellor. I initially trained at Waverley Abbey where I took a CWR Certificate in Christian Counselling, followed by a CWR Diploma in Christian Counselling. After consolidating my practice for a while. I read a BA (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling at Chichester University. I am accredited with the BACP and the ACC and on their voluntary registers.
I qualified in 2008 and have had my own practice since then. I work from home near Petworth and in an organisation with survivors of abuse. I have a Certificate and Diploma in Supervision I supervise counsellors and offer supervision to student counsellors.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
The process starts with an assessment which is free of charge and gives us an opportunity to meet one another and discuss your needs.We then continue with a session if you feel you are happy to work with me and if I have the right expertise to help you.
My fees are £40.00 for a fifty minute session but this can be open to negotiation.
Since my degree course, I have continued to study and read as I feel that is very important. I have recently taken CPD in advanced CBT, mindfulness, guided visualisation and sand play therapy. Mindfulness can be very beneficial to clients suffering from anxiety . I can offer creative therapies such as working with drawing or with small objects. This can help clients unravel how they are feeling and enable them to explore their emotions at a deeper level. I have also taken CPD in working with trauma and shame which has enriched my practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer appointments near Petworth in the day or during the evening.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have a CWR certificate of Supervision and a Diploma in Supervision and am offering supervision one to one.View supervision profile