- I have been a qualified counsellor for 11years and am experienced in working with issues such as depression, trauma, relationship difficulties and anxiety
- I work in practice near Petworth offering day time and evening appointments. Free initial consultation available.
- Counselling is based on listening and not giving advice. I can provide a safe and confidential relationship to help you to find your own solutions. I offer short term counselling can be 6-10 sessions to help explore an immediate problem. Open ended counselling enables people to develop their self awareness and to explore deeper issues safely.
- I have a wealth of life experiences and I worked for nearly six years as a voluntary counsellor in an agency in Surrey. I also worked at The Eaves In Godalming for 3 years in private practice. I worked with survivors of abuse in an organisation in West Sussex for 3 years.
- I practice from home in a rural area in the South Downs within reach of Petworth, Billingshurst, Midhurst, Northchapel, Chichester and Pulborough. I work with individuals covering any type of life issue under the BACP code of ethics and have insurance and supervision. I am accessible by car and you can park in my drive.
- I also offer supervision as I am a qualified supervisor.If you would like to know more, please look at my web site. www.counsellingpetworth.co.uk
How can counselling help
Counselling can help you find your own resourcefulness, give insight into your problems and help you make changes that are helpful. It can help resolve difficulties and improve relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
I worked with young people in secondary schools and this gave me the desire to train as a counsellor. I initially trained at Waverley Abbey where I took a CWR Certificate in Christian Counselling, followed by a CWR Diploma in Christian Counselling. After consolidating my practice for a while. I read a BA (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling at Chichester University. I am accredited with the BACP and the ACC and on their voluntary registers.
I qualified in 2008 and have had my own practice since then. I work from home near Petworth. I have a Certificate and Diploma in Supervision I supervise counsellors and offer supervision to student counsellors.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Association for Christian Counsellors
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
The process starts with an assessment which is free of charge and gives us an opportunity to meet one another and discuss your needs.We then continue with a session if you feel you are happy to work with me and if I have the right expertise to help you.
My fees are £40.00 for a fifty minute session but this can be open to negotiation.
I can offer appointments near Petworth in the day or during the evening.
Since my degree course, I have continued to study and read as I feel that is very important. I have recently taken CPD in advanced CBT, mindfulness, guided visualisation and sand play therapy. Mindfulness can be very beneficial to clients suffering from anxiety . I can offer creative therapies such as working with drawing or with small objects. This can help clients unravel how they are feeling and enable them to explore their emotions at a deeper level. I have also taken CPD in working with trauma and shame which has enriched my practice.