Georgia Swift Dip.Couns Cert.Couns.Studies Cert.EP(YJ) Applecross Counselling
02392 048 481
I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor offering short and long term counselling to adults, children and adolescents in Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
How Counselling Can Help You:
It takes courage to acknowledge that for whatever reason you are struggling to manage life as well as you might like. It takes courage to accept that you need help to manage a historic or ongoing difficulty or to cope with a sudden and traumatic life experience.
Counselling is a talking therapy which gives you a safe, non judgemental and confidential space to talk about difficult feelings and challenges you may be experiencing.
As your Counsellor I will be beside you to help you on your journey of recovery. I won't tell you what to do but together we can explore your options to make managing life easier or find ways of helping you heal from a critical life experience.
"You don't always need someone to show you the light sometimes healing begins when someone sits beside you in the dark and lets you know that you are understood" - Georgia 2016
Issues I can help you through include:
- Coping with loss, grief and bereavement
- Low self-esteem
- Depression, low mood and anxiety
- Loneliness and isolation
- Terminal illness & coping with the illness of a loved one
- Dementia (including support for loved ones)
- Managing a traumatic experience
- Difficult relationships
- Mediation - conflict, workplace & neighbour disputes
- Child and Adolescent emotional, social and behavioural difficulties (ESBD)
- Childhood worries affecting school attendance
- Support for parents facing difficulty with a childs' behaviour
- Supporting victims of crime including the families of offenders
- The upset of losing a beloved pet
In addition to my private practice I have experience of counselling clients within the NHS and for charities supporting those who have experienced losing a baby, survivors of sexual abuse and for families enduring criminal trauma.
Please do feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss your individual counselling needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Other Relevant Experience Includes:
I held a lengthy career within the caring professions working with both adults and children in a variety of settings. I have specific areas of experience which include:
- Specialist roles within the Criminal Justice System (Youth & Adult)
- Supporting Looked After Children in community projects & in residential care homes
- Behaviour support within mainstream education & in alternative provision
- Group facilitation for children( music & singing as therapy, emotional literacy & behaviour change programmes)
- Singing as a therapeutic activity
- Group facilitation for adults experiencing issues related to drug & alcohol misuse
- Supporting bereaved parents and siblings
I am experienced in using various assessment tools to identify individual needs and am proficient in report writing.
My Qualifications include:
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP)
Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
Professional Certificate of Effective Practice in Youth Justice
BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts
I hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate (was CRB) and am fully insured.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer singing as a therapeutic activity for individuals & small groups.
Walk & talk sessions are available by arrangement for clients who prefer the outdoors.
Support for Victims of crime
Supporting those who are dealing with a loved one (partner, child or parent) being in Prison.
Photos & videos
£40 per hour (For telephone counselling appointments payment is required by BACS when booking)
£45 per hour (by arrangement home visits and weekend appointments)
I believe that finances shouldn't preclude you from counselling so I hold a limited number of reduced fee appointments for those with proof of limited means
As an Individual Member of the BACP and member of the Children & Young People Division (BACP) I adhere to the associations Code of Ethics.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In addition to week day & evening appointments I can offer home visits and weekend appointments by arrangement
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|