Emma Maslen MBACP (Reg.) Integrative Counsellor, BSc Psychology (Hons) BPS
Hello - well done for starting the process of looking for support in your life. It takes courage to consider embracing change and to attend counselling.
I am a Qualified Therapeutic Counsellor and hold a First Class Psychology Degree, experienced in seeing Adults and Young people in Reading, Berkshire.
I integrate Person-Centred and Psychodynamic counselling styles which allows me to be flexible to your individual needs.
What to expect
- I am mindful of providing an environment that can help you to feel safe to speak with me.
- I offer effective counselling skills, while being consistent in conveying my genuine self in our time together.
- I offer warmth and complete respect in consideration of your experiences.
- We can work in a very present way, together we can notice your ways of being and help to process your thoughts and feelings.
- I can support you to gain greater conscious awareness of patterns in your life that may be influencing the way you relate to yourself and others.
- Through counselling we can facilitate healing from the past and a reconnection to your true, authentic self.
Talking confidentially with a trained counsellor about your experience can be useful. It is your choice to what extent you would like to talk. Other modalities such as Mindfulness can be incorporated. As well as Art & Play Therapy- Especially useful for Young People.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat about what I offer.
Email me here or Call me on: 07854143035
If I cannot take the call, please leave me a message with your NAME & NUMBER and I will get back in touch with you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling online: a Coronavirus Primer (training)
- Registered Member BACP - Certificate of Proficiency - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body - (Integrative of Person-Centred and Psychodynamic Counselling)
- Level 3 in Counselling Studies - Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- First Class BSc Hons Degree in Psychology (Accredited by The British Psychological Society)
- Arc Counselling Agency, Wokingham – Counselling Adults & 11-18 Year Olds
- Trust House, Reading – Counselling Adults & 11-18 Year Olds
- Senior Support Worker for Optalis, Wokingham
- Psychology Support for Compass Opportunities, Reading Community Mental Health Team
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer 50-minute sessions.
Face to face, online, telephone for £45 for Adults & £40 for ages 11-17.
I offer a FREE 30-minute telephone call, an introduction so that you can consider whether you would like to pursue counselling with me & provides time to look at how we might work together.
Concessions offered for
The length of counselling work can be discussed on an individual basis and can be regularly reviewed to be the most beneficial to you.