As a Humanistic counsellor, I believe that the relationship we build will be vital to the outcome that you achieve, using strong foundations to create a safe and honest environment for exploration, change and growth. I believe that each person is an expert in their own wellbeing and our relationship will allow you to explore the choices you have for your future.
I am working face to face, online and telephone, confidentially in a non judgemental manner, giving you space to explore your situation and work towards change. Working with people of all ages and in all walks of life, making changes that can turn your life around. We will walk the journey together, with me supporting you throughout our sessions.
I work with clients encountering: anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD, guilt, shame, grief and loss, domestic abuse (emotional, physical, financial), nightmares and terrors, fear, work stress, bullying, boarding school syndrome, family issues, self esteem, no name a few. Each of my clients has their own unique issues to resolve, we will work to discover the full complexity of the situation to enable change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Ad Dip Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill College 2018-2021)
- Certificate in Counselling (Iron Mill College 2018)
- TA 101 (Iron Mill College 2020)
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Levels 1 & 2 (AVA Online 2020)
- Online and Telephone Counselling 100hrs (Sea Change Training 2020)
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Awareness Diploma (2021 ongoing)
- ICO Member (Data Protection)
- Full Insurance
CPD: I regularly attend online and face to face courses to increase my knowledge and keep my skills up to date with new research.
- Trauma: Poly Vagal Theory, Somatic Release (Sea Change Training) 2021
- Post Traumatic Strength (Dr Kalant Ben-Ari) 2021
- Understanding Bereaved Parents & Siblings (Dr Cathy McQuaid) 2021
- Treating Shame (Juliet Grayson & William Ayot) 2021
- Working with Parents: Intergenerational Trauma (Dr Kalant Ben-Ari) 2021
- Shame One Session Therapy (Windy Dryden) 2021
- Guilt One Session Therapy (Windy Dryden) 2021
- Working with Bullying (James Hawes) 2021
- Working with Trauma 2021
- Normalised Neglect & Privileged Abandonment (Nick Duffell) 2021
- Moving to Online Therapy (Online Therapy Institute) 2020
- Working with Boarding School Survivors (Karen Macmillan) 2020
- Working with Trauma using Transactional Analysis (The Link Centre) 2020
- Relational Depth 7 Hour Seminar (Mick Cooper) 2019
- Pluralistic Therapy 7 Hour Workshop (Mick Cooper) 2019
- Suicide Prevention Training (Zero Suicide Alliance) 2019
- Existential Therapy 7 Hour Workshop (Mick Cooper) 2019
Supervision: Each month I undertake a minimum of 1.5 hours of clinical supervision
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Boarding School Syndrome - An aspect of therapy often overlooked unless understood.
From £45.00 to £50.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
Free initial half hour meeting.
Face to Face £50 per hour
Online or Telephone £45 per hour
I can be flexible and move sessions if required and available working around your own needs and work schedules.
Sometimes people come to counselling not knowing what is wrong, this is OK. We would work through your thoughts and find a path to the problem together, enabling you to improve and understand those issues.