David Kinvig Cousellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
I am a qualified and registered Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor. I practice from a dedicated therapy centre in Blackpool. I also work from home in private practice.
I am a Registered Certified Accredited Advanced EFT Practitioner. I am a registered Advanced Integral Eye Movement (IEMT) Practitioner. I am trained in Mindfulness which I practice personally every day and I offer Mindfulness to both groups and individuals.
I am a qualified psychotherapy supervisor offering individual and group supervision.
As a qualified and experienced Couples and Family Therapist I work with opposite sex, same sex and transgender couples. I work with sexual and sexuality difficulties, identity issues including Intersex struggles, children, parenting, second and extended families, affairs, anger, domestic violence, communication difficulties, impact of life-stage transitions, separation and divorce as well as illness and bereavement/loss.
I am a registered and Accredited Eating Disorders psychotherapist.
I have particular interest in working with high demand groups and cults.
I am an Attachment Narrative Therapy (Systemic Family Therapist) having trained with the renowned Bowlby Centre in London. I have extensive experience in working with Personality Disorder (PD) and Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) having previously worked as lead practitioner in both PD and DID.
About me: In my spare time I volunteer as a grief, bereavement and loss counsellor as well as a supervisor for Cruse Lancashire (Bereavement Care). I sit on the governing committee of Cruse Lancashire. I am also a local authority governor of a local primary school.
Governing Bodies/ Insurance: I am a member of the BACP, BABCP, AAMETT and the Association of Intergral Eye Movement Practitioners. I hold a current Enhanced DBS disclosure. I am fully insured to practice.
Areas of particular interest: I work across the full spectrum of disorders however I have particular interest in all areas of trauma, OCD, eating disorders, high end groups and bereavement. In my bereavement work I have a particular passion in working with suicidal people, survivors of suicide and with the families/friends of those whom live with the aftermath of suicide when a person has completed suicide. I have particular interest in couple/relationship work which fits with my family therapy work.
I have worked within Autism and Intellectual Impairment for the last nine years latterly managing a statutory disability service. Therefore I have a lot of experience in supporting challenging situations and behavioural distress.
As a supervisor I have particular interest in Self Care, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout and Vicarious Trauma.
In February 2019 I completed a foundation course in Infertility Therapy and Surrogacy and in 2019 my plan is to achieve BICA accredited status in this field.
I am passionate about therapy and joining people on their journey and hopefully making that process and their journey both healing and illuminating.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters of Science Degree and PGdip in CBT.
- Advanced (BACP Advanced Accredited) Diploma in Counselling
- Advanced Certified Accredited Practitioner in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Accredited (Registered) Eating Disorders Therapist
- Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
- Certificate in Attachment Narrative Therapy (ANT).
- Advanced Integral Eye Movement Practitioner
- Ascentis accredited bereavement Counsellor (Cruse trained too)
- Ascentis and ABC accredited supervisor
- MBCT therapist
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Certificate in Aids/HIV Counselling and Care.
- Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Advanced Apprenticeship and NVQ 3 in Social Care and Children and Young people.
I have completed over 60 hours in CPD over a range of courses in the last twelve months.
In 2019 I have completed a foundation course in Infertility Counselling and surrogacy. I am currently working towards my BICA accreditation in this area. I have been working as a therapist and growing my practice for over eight years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Single session/One at a time Therapy sessions.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
One to one therapy : £45 per hour for any modality of therapy that I offer.
£35 per hour for Skype/Telephone/On- Line Counselling.
£60 for 60 minutes of couple or family therapy (more than one client)
£50 for 90 minutes of supervision.
Your last agreed session with me is FREE of charge. *This applies where there are two or more face to face sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me directly. I have great flexibility and work responsively and respectfully to a clients needs. I work in both Blackpool and Preston Lancashire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I work as a qualified psychotherapy supervisor hosting both individual and group supervision.