Colette McBride MBACP (Accred.)UKRCP,Dip Higher Education Psychology,RGN
I have 19 years experience working in the counselling field, including voluntary, statutory and Private sectors.
My experience includes:
- Working within a GP practice dealing with issues including anxiety,depression,social anxiety,OCD and trauma therapy.
- Referrals received from Social Services incorporating Consultative and Reporting work.
- I work with couples /individuals experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse, including taking referrals from an organisation dealing with survivors of Clerical abuse.
- Working with individuals in crisis, experiencing suicidal thoughts, intent.
- Worked within the probation Service,N.Ireland with young offenders working towards rehabilitation.
- I work as a Part- time Lecturer delivering counselling courses.
I am currently on a Register as an Accredited Psychotherapist for the charity, Yes To Life, which offers counselling to individuals diagnosed with Cancer and their families.Clients and family members can access this service following an initial assessment and is delivered at no cost.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered General Nurse (1990-2010)
Certificate in Counselling Skills (1999-2000)
Certificate in Counselling Theory (2000-2001)
Advance Certificate in Counselling (2001-2003)
Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2004
BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist 2012
UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist 2012
Dip HE Psychology(OPEN) 2019
Currently studying BSC Hons in Psychology and Counselling with Open University(Completion date,June 2021)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£40 per individual session.
£50 per couple.
Concessions may apply.
I work as a Part time Lecturer within Southern Regional College delivering courses on Counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|