2 Church Meadow
I have 15 years experience working within the counselling field, including settings within the voluntary, statutory and Private sectors.
My experience includes:
- Working within a GP practice dealing with issues including anxiety,depression,social anxiety,OCD and trauma therapy.
- Referrals received from Social Services incorporating Consultative and Reporting work.
- I work with couples /individuals experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse, including taking referrals from an organisation dealing with survivors of Clerical abuse.
- Working with individuals in crisis, experiencing suicidal thoughts, intent.
- Worked within the probation Service,N.Ireland with young offenders working towards rehabilitation.
- I work as a Part- time Lecturer delivering counselling courses.
I am currently on a Register as an Accredited Psychotherapist for the charity, Yes To Life, which offers counselling to individuals diagnosed with Cancer and their families.Clients and family members can access this service following an initial assessment and is delivered at no cost.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered General Nurse (1990-2010)
Certificate in Counselling Skills (1999-2000)
Certificate in Counselling Theory (2000-2001)
Advance Certificate in Counselling (2001-2003)
Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2004
BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist 2012
UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist 2012
Currently studying BSC Hons in Psychology and Counselling.2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£40 per individual session.
£50 per couple.
Concessions may apply.
I work as a Part time Lecturer within Southern Regional College delivering courses on Counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|