Chmaine Robinson MNCS (Accred)
Experienced in working with GAD, anxiety, trauma, low-self esteem, shame, grief, depression, attachment, dissociation
Panic disorders, family issues, stress, CBT, phobias, separation
How counselling helps:
Effective counselling reduces confusion, allowing the client to make effective decisions leading to positive changes in their attitude and/or behaviour. Effective counselling is not advice-giving and is not acting on someone else's behalf (these are more the roles of a life coach). The ultimate aim of counselling is to enable the client to make their own choices, reach their own decisions and to act upon them.
The Therapeutic Relationship:
Effective counselling relies on the therapeutic relationship of client & therapist. My training has and continues to give, access to various theoretical platforms and methods of counselling. This gives great benefit when working together to explore what will be most suitable and effective for you. Together, sessions are tailored according to your needs, even if that is a session where you just want to gather your thoughts... how often is it that we allow ourselves that golden hour to just, well, think? This can be the opportunity....
Where are sessions held?
Where sessions are held is also your choice as I operate from my home location, can travel to you (please enquire) yet also book a therapy room should you which to do so.
How can sessions be held?
My Counselling services extend from face to face sessions, online and telephone consultations, please enquire for more information where needed. It is appreciated not everyone is comfortable with one form or another. All are welcome. The important thing is that you are reaching out and starting a new journey.
As a self- employed therapist, day, evening and weekend sessions can be offered according to appointment. Please email/ phone. A response will be given on the day or within 24 hours.
Please do also note that everyone deserves an opportunity to begin a new journey and so I am happy to discuss sessions with those on lower incomes/ benefits/ students (proof necessary)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy.
- Diploma in Counselling Skills.
- Advanced diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Professional diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- NVQ Level 2- Health and Social Care.
- Mediation within families -Certificated.
- Mindfulness Certified Course Adults and Children –University of Psychology (Online)
- Currently Year Three – BSc Honours In Psychology.
- Health and Nutrition coach
- Vision coach
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Please enquire for those interested in more practical sessions including:
Vision Board classes
Food therapy classes- prep and cook the stress away!
Group sessions available
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
- 45.00 per session, with discount available when booking in blocks ( Counselling/creative session one to one)
- 55.00 per session, discounted offer still applies ( Hypnotherapy)
- From 15.00 per person for Vision board, creative writing & good therapy classes (groups)
Personal circumstances are considered alongside proof of benefits, student status and other
As a professional, I take continued personal development to be a very important part of my role. Therefore I do attend regular supervisions and monthly meetings to keep up to date on training and self- care.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please feel free to call or email for session details. Discount of £5 per session when booked as a block of six
Types of client