In these strange and difficult times when so many of us are struggling with our mental health, counselling can offer an important source of support. Finding a therapist that feels right for you is so important and I hope my profile will tell you a little more about me and the support I can offer.
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor based in North Devon and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. Since qualifying, I have worked as a counsellor at a local family centre and more recently at Survivors Alliance North Devon (SAND) working with survivors of sexual abuse and violence. I also have over 20 years of experience of working with domestic violence, anger management and relationship conflict.
As an integrative counsellor I use a range of therapeutic approaches and models in order that I can respond to your individual and unique needs. Integrative therapy explores the relationship we have both with ourselves (our thoughts beliefs emotions and behavioural patterns) and with other people. It recognises how traumatic events in our childhood and other difficult painful experiences in our past often cause us distress and disruption in our present lives. Integrative therapy provides the opportunity to explore and resolve these past experiences, offers the opportunity for healing and acceptance and to restore a sense of wholeness resilience and balance.
In my private practice, I work with a wide range of issues. I provide a safe non-judgemental and supportive environment where we can explore the issues that are troubling you together so that you can find your own way towards living more fully and freely.
You may already know what issues you want to work on or you may need some help to decide how best to use our sessions. Wherever you are right now, I am happy to work with you.
- Due to Covid 19, I am currently offering online or telephone counselling.
- I work Monday to Friday and offer evening appointments on Mondays and Tuesdays up until 8 pm
- I offer a free 30 minute introductory session to all new clients so we have a chance to talk together and to help you decide whether you would like to work with me.
- If you would like to know more, please call me on 07980140685
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2014)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2010)
- Carolyn Spring- Child Sexual Abuse - Hope for Healing (2018)
- SafeLives Independent Domestic Violence Advisor Training (IDVA) (2017)
- BSc (Hons) Community Justice (Probation Studies) (2001)
- BSc(Hons) Social Policy (1995)
- Counsellor at Family Centre (2013-2015)
- Counsellor with SAND ( Survivors Alliance North Devon) (2018-2019)
- Qualified Probation Officer (2001- 2010)
- Group worker for North Devon Repair (2004-2014)
- Manager of Exeter Repair ( 2010-2013)
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (2015-2017)
- Sessional group work facilitator for Dorset Devon &Cornwall Community Rehabilitation Company (Current)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- The session fee is £40.00 for a 60 minute session.
- I have a limited number of sessions at a reduce fee for those on a low income.