Barbara Freeman MBACP Reg, Counselling Supervisor OCN, ACTO
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and Supervisor with over 11 years experience and have undergone extensive, additional training to work effectively via the internet and telephone.
I will listen to you and your concerns in a safe, emphatic and confidential environment. I will respond to your story and communicate my understanding of what is troubling you and together we will explore how to manage your life better and how to best move forward in a way that suits you.
You will not be judged, analysed or told what to do and we will work together – at your pace - one step at a time. Our relationship will be based on honesty and acceptance.
My Integrative approach to counselling means that I believe that:
- we are shaped by our past and environment and have freedom of choice
- we are responsible for our own lives and given the right support can find meaning and happiness
Other approaches I integrate into my work when suitable:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) - helpful for anxiety, stress and depression
- Psychodynamic Theory (exploring past, relationships ...)
- Mindfulness (kindness, acceptance and managing stress)
- Coaching (goal setting etc)
For further information, please click the link to my website www.isvarawellbeing.co.uk or contact me via Counselling Directory.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by The Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Qualifications and Experience
Online and Telephone Counselling, Level 1 & 2 - ACTO Accredited
Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional - PESI
OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision Level 5 - OCN
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- TA 101– Institute of Transactional Analysis
- Levels 1- 4 Certificate in Counselling Skills - CPCAB
- Certificate in Further and Higher Education - University of Surrey
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training - MindfulnessUK
- Mindfulness & Yoga Therapy for Addiction - The Minded Institute
- Mindfulness in Schools Project .b - Bangor University
Continuing Professional Development
- Working with Shame - Christiane Sanderson
- Landscapes of Grief - Loss & Bereavement
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery - Carolyn Spring
- CBT Boot Camp Level 1 & 2 - Dr.Christine Padesky
- Working with survivors of Domestic Abuse - Christiane Sanderson
- Running Therapy Groups - Confer
- Child Sexual Abuse - Carolyn Spring
- Trauma & Dissociative Identity Disorder - Carolyn Spring
- Introduction to EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) - Louise Alexander
- The Disintegrating Self (Autism) - Dr Phil Mollon
- Attachment Theory - Sir Richard Bowlby
- Self Harm & It's Meanings - Anna Motz
- Working with Depression - Gill Bannister
- Mindfulness in Schools with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Learning Difficulties and Autism - Dr Phil Mollon
- Approaches to Addiction Therapy - Jon Lavender
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Working with LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi- & Transgender) clients
- Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Yoga Therapy for Addictions - The Minded Institute
- Conversations with the Body - Margaret Langdale
- Self Harm and Suicidal Ideation
- Porn and Internet Addiction
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Relationships - Betrayal & Affairs
- 12 Step Program for Addictions
- Mindfulness for Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness in Client Work
- Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
- Stress Competencies & Strategy for Management
- Resilience at Work
In addition to my private practices, I have worked for charities (Surrey Alcohol Drugs & Addiction Service and Life Story) and for Employee Assisted Programs (corporate). I get referrals from Cigna, Curian Medical Insurance and Triage. I also run workshops and retreats for mindfulness based stress reduction therapy, self development and Yoga.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mind/Body work. Mindfulness, Meditation, Yoga Therapy
Concessions offered for
It is important that you feel comfortable and safe with your therapist; this is why I offer an Initial Consultation to discuss your concerns, explain what counselling is and answer any questions you may have. We talk about what you hope to gain from it and how I could support you. There is no need to make any decision straight away.
Concessions for students and NHS workers - others at my discretion
I am offering video and telephone sessions - an excellent, safe alternative to face-to-face therapy.
I work Monday to Friday between 9.30 am - 9.00 pm. Saturdays from 9.30 - 12.30.
I also offer workshops and courses in mindfulness training/meditation. I teach on a 1-2-1 basis or in a group format and also run corporate training sessions.