MBACP Reg, ACTO Accr., Counselling Supervisor OCN,
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and accredited Supervisor with over 11 years experience and have undergone extensive, additional training to work effectively via the internet and telephone.
I will listen to you and your concerns in a safe, emphatic and confidential environment. I will respond to your story and communicate my understanding of what is troubling you and together we will explore how to manage your life better and how to best move forward in a way that suits you.
You will not be judged, analysed or told what to do and we will work together – at your pace - one step at a time. Our relationship will be based on honesty and acceptance.
My Integrative approach to counselling means that I believe that:
- we are shaped by our past and environment and have freedom of choice
- we are responsible for our own lives and given the right support can find meaning and happiness
Other approaches I integrate into my work when suitable:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) - helpful for anxiety, stress and depression
- Psychodynamic Theory (exploring past, relationships ...)
- Mindfulness (kindness, acceptance and managing stress)
- Coaching (goal setting etc)
For further information, please click the link to my website www.isvarawellbeing.co.uk or contact me via Counselling Directory.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by The Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Qualifications and Experience
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy - in training
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, Level 1, 2 & 3
Online and Telephone Counselling, Level 1 & 2 Advanced, ACTO Accredited
Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional - PESI
OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision Level 5 - OCN
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- TA 101– Institute of Transactional Analysis
- Levels 1- 4 Certificate in Counselling Skills - CPCAB
- Certificate in Further and Higher Education - University of Surrey
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training - MindfulnessUK
- Mindfulness & Yoga Therapy for Addiction - The Minded Institute
- Mindfulness in Schools Project .b - Bangor University
Continuing Professional Development
- Introduction to Polyvagal Therapy - Deb Dana
- Working with Shame - Christiane Sanderson
- Landscapes of Grief - Loss & Bereavement
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery - Carolyn Spring
- CBT Boot Camp Level 1 & 2 - Dr.Christine Padesky
- Working with survivors of Domestic Abuse - Christiane Sanderson
- Running Therapy Groups - Confer
- Child Sexual Abuse - Carolyn Spring
- Trauma & Dissociative Identity Disorder - Carolyn Spring
- Introduction to EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) - Louise Alexander
- The Disintegrating Self (Autism) - Dr Phil Mollon
- Attachment Theory - Sir Richard Bowlby
- Self Harm & It's Meanings - Anna Motz
- Working with Depression - Gill Bannister
- Mindfulness in Schools with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Learning Difficulties and Autism - Dr Phil Mollon
- Approaches to Addiction Therapy - Jon Lavender
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Working with LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi- & Transgender) clients
- Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Yoga Therapy for Addictions - The Minded Institute
- Conversations with the Body - Margaret Langdale
- Self Harm and Suicidal Ideation
- Porn and Internet Addiction
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Relationships - Betrayal & Affairs
- 12 Step Program for Addictions
- Mindfulness for Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness in Client Work
- Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
- Stress Competencies & Strategy for Management
- Resilience at Work
In addition to my private practice, I volunteer for Frontline 19 (free therapy for NHS staff) and have worked for charities (Surrey Alcohol Drugs & Addiction Service and Life Story) and for Employee Assisted Programs (corporate). I get referrals from Cigna, Curian Medical Insurance and Triage. I also run workshops and retreats for mindfulness based stress reduction therapy, self development and Yoga.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mind/Body work. Mindfulness, Meditation, Yoga Therapy
From £30.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
It is important that you feel comfortable and safe with your therapist; this is why I offer a FREE 15 min Introductory Telephone Call to answer any questions you may have.
Concessions for Trainee counsellors and NHS workers - others at my discretion.
When I work
I am offering zoom and video sessions as well as face-to-face therapy.
I work Monday to Friday between 9.30 am - 9.00 pm. Saturdays by request.
I also offer workshops and courses in mindfulness training/meditation. I teach on a 1-2-1 basis or in a group format and also run corporate training sessions.