Angie Walker Higher National Dip.Counselling Psychotherapist EMDR MBACP
My experience has been formed spanning 40 years in the caring sector with nurse medical background, rigorous training, much CPD, my own batch of life experiences and listening to the numerous accounts of others. I work in an Integrative, Confidential Non-judgmental approach, assisting you to overcome issues preventing you from leading a fulfilling happy life.
It can be good to talk to someone not directly involved in your life, helping you see things more clearly, make sense of them and often form different perspectives. This can be most self-empowering for you. My passion is to help clarify those aspects that cause distress, confusion or anger, that lead you to feel stuck, and desperate. Exploring our options and choices helps come to terms with issues, enabling handling life’s challenges with renewed confidence.
I also have advanced training in trauma therapy as in EMDR. EMDR helps dissipate painful memories or emotions from the past which continue to trigger you in present day, and when used in the hands of an experienced practitioner, can have profoundly favourable affects utilising only, your own minds natural healing processes.
Some other things I can help you with:
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Panic, Fears, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Abuse, Bereavement or loss, Post-traumatic stress (PTSD), All types of Trauma, Family problems, Numbness or exhaustion, Hopelessness, Worrying, Life coaching, Personal development, Health related issues, Relationships issues, Conflict or anger, Redundancy, Work career issues, Work life balance, Low self-esteem and confidence, OCD, Phobias, Relationship problems, Sleep problems, Guilt worry / resentment / anger / shame, Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), Social anxiety, Marital discord, SAD syndrome, Communication, Confidential listening ear, Ageing issues, Workplace anxiety, Fear of public speaking, Eating disorders, Chronic pain conditions, ME, Separation / divorce / affairs / betrayals, Procrastination, Decision-making, Managing change, Negative thinking, Assertiveness or shyness, Lack direction or reached a crossroads, General health problems, Stage fright, Understanding conflict, Overcoming fears, You time..
- I offer both short and long-term therapy
- I work with individuals on a face to face basis
- I can also offer Telephone Counselling
- Totally individualised, thoughtful package of care
- Numerous personal reviews encompassing my enthusiasm & success
- Free accessible parking
- Free 15 mins no-obligation consultation
"Contact Angie by Phone, Text or Email"
Following my career as a nurse, spinal injury, and subsequent surgery, my recovery was benefited from Counselling and Complementary therapy, as in (Craniosacral Therapy). I wanted to continue caring for people and so went on to attain many other useful qualifications enabling me to do just that, but in my own practice incorporating these numerous different skills and techniques. I can therefore offer a range of Counselling and Therapy services in a safe, comfortable, supportive, confidential environment.
If you have any queries, questions or concerns, that you would like me to address, please feel free to contact me either by telephone or email. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist and EMDR Practitioner, which means I am trained in the various theoretical backgrounds. allowing me to pull out the specific techniques to suit your particular requirements. If you are uncertain as what suits you best, we can discuss this together during the assessment session. I was a nurse for 21 years, and many clients find this an additional helpful reassurance. I am a Registered Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). This means that I follow the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice, which protect you.
Therapies Offered, Skills & Qualifications
- Integrative Counselling (Higher National Diploma (HND) Counselling)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- EMDR Therapy Practitioner (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) (Dip. EMDR)
- Life Coaching (Dip. Life Coaching)
- Gestalt Therapy / Two chairs Therapy (Cert. Gestalt Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (Dip. Transactional Analysis)
- Mindfulness Techniques
- CranioSacral Therapy (Upledger) Levels (1 & 2)
- Somato Emotional Release ) (SER)
- Reiki Healing Golden Tera-Mai (Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing Arts)
- Mindfulness Technique
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited Reg. (MBACP)
- Member of International Regulator Coaching and Mentoring (IRCM)
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners (IAHP)
- Accred. Member National Counselling Society MNCS)
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
- Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing ArtsTera-Mai UK Society (TMUKS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR Therapy 'Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing'
EMDR Therapy works on the premise that the mind can often heal itself naturally, in the same way as the body does. Much of this natural coping mechanism occurs during sleep, particularly during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. Francine Shapiro developed eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR), in 1987. This natural process may be utilised in order to successfully treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Since then EMDR is being used effectively to treat a wide range of mental health problems such as:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Sleep problems
- Complicated grief
- Pain relief
- Self-esteem and performance anxiety
- Recurring bad memories, nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks
EMDR is an innovative clinical treatment which has been found to successfully of helped over a million individuals. The validity and reliability of EMDR has been established by rigorous research and there are numerous control studies into EMDR, making it the most thoroughly researched method used in the treatment of trauma, and is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) as an effective treatment for PTSD.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Free 15 minutes Consultation
- Fee from £49 per session
- There is reduction in fee of £15 for a course of 6 sessions purchased at commencement.
My Practice is around 15 minutes walk from Stratford Town Centre and I also offer you the Additional Benefit of Free and Accessible Car Parking.
Please don't hesitate to pick up the phone to discuss any queries you may have.
Phone or Text: (Stratford Upon Avon) 07827 966031 or 01789 2669631
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early Mornings, Daytime, Late Evenings - Monday to Friday.
Many weekend appointments available.
Free accessible parking.
Flexible to suit (including some Bank Holidays).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|