Angie Walker Higher National Dip.Counselling Psychotherapist EMDR MBACP
My experience has been formed spanning 40 years in the caring sector with nurse medical background, rigorous training, much CPD, my own batch of life experiences and listening to the numerous accounts of others. Following my career as a nurse, injury and subsequent surgery, my recovery was benefited from Counselling and Complementary therapy.
I wanted to continue working with people, attaining other useful qualifications, and incorporating the various additional skills and techniques into my practice. I can therefore offer a range of Counselling and Therapy services in a comfortable, supportive, confidential environment.
I use an Integrative, Confidential, Non-judgmental approach, assisting you to overcome issues preventing you from leading a fulfilling happy life. I can help you with numerous issues, including stress, anxiety and depression.
It can be good to talk to someone not directly involved in your life, helping you see things more clearly, make sense of them and often form different perspectives. This can be most self-empowering for you. My passion is to help clarify those aspects that cause distress, confusion or anger, that lead you to feel stuck, and desperate. Exploring our options and choices helps come to terms with issues, enabling handling life’s challenges with renewed confidence.
- I offer both short and long-term therapy
- I work with individuals on a face to face basis
- I can also offer Telephone Counselling
- Totally individualised, thoughtful package of care
- Numerous personal reviews encompassing my enthusiasm & success
- Free accessible parking
- Free 15 mins no-obligation consultation
If you have any queries, questions or concerns, that you would like me to address, please feel free to contact me either by telephone, or email. I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist and EMDR Practitioner, which means I use a range of varying approaches to treatment. If you are uncertain as what suits you best, we can discuss this together during the assessment session.
Therapies Offered, Skills & Qualifications
- Integrative Counselling (Higher National Diploma (HND) Counselling)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Couple Counselling (Narrative Therapy) Dip. Couple Counselling (MSFTR)
- EMDR Therapy Practitioner (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) (Dip. EMDR)
- Life Coaching (Dip.Life Coaching)
- Gestalt Therapy (Cert. Gestalt Therapy)
- Transactional Analysis (Dip. Transactional Analysis)
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Craniosacral Therapy Levels (1 & 2) & Somato-Emotional Release (SER) (Upledger trained)
- Reiki Healing Master (Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing Arts)
- Mindfulness Technique
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
- Professional Associations / Memberships
- Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited Reg. (MBACP)Member of International Regulator Coaching and Mentoring (IRCM)
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners (IAHP)
- Accred. Member National Counselling Society MNCS)
- Member National UK Therapist Register SFTR
- Ex Registered Nurse (RN)
- Practitioner Member Tera-Mai School of Healing ArtsTera-Mai UK Society (TMUKS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR Therapy 'Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing'
EMDR Therapy works on the premise that the mind can often heal itself naturally, in the same way as the body does. Much of this natural coping mechanism occurs during sleep, particularly during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. This natural process may be utilised in order to successfully treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Since then EMDR is being used effectively to treat a wide range of mental health problems such as:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Sleep problems
- Complicated grief
- Pain relief
- Self-esteem and performance anxiety
- Recurring bad memories, nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks
EMDR is an innovative clinical treatment which has been found to successfully of helped over a million individuals. The validity and reliability of EMDR has been established by rigorous research and there are numerous control studies into EMDR, making it the most thoroughly researched method used in the treatment of trauma, and is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) as an effective treatment for PTSD.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Free 15 minutes Consultation
- Fee from £49 per session
- There is reduction in fee of £15 for a course of 6 sessions purchased at commencement.
Please don't hesitate to pick up the phone to discuss any queries you may have.
Phone (Stratford Upon Avon) 07827 966031 or 01789 2669631
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mornings, Daytime, Evenings - Monday to Friday.
Weekend & Bank hol Appointments
Free Accessible parking.
Flexible days and times to suit (including some Bank Holidays).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|