Angela Richardson, Reg. MBACP (Accred) - Counsellor and Supervisor
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. I offer counselling at times when life experiences can bring emotional difficulties that impact on our well-being and relationships. I work by helping you to explore your thoughts and feelings in a non-judgemental environment. My approach to working with clients is to build a trusting relationship where we work together to talk about your concerns. I have experience in working with a variety of issues, some of which might be difficult to share, but I provide a safe space for you to explore these.
I am a qualified Integrative counsellor, and a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist. This means that I adhere to the BACP's Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. My accredited status means that I have been assessed and have demonstrated that I practice at a higher level.
I am trained to integrate Clarkson's five relationship model, and have added to this by undertaking further transpersonal training. As an Integrative counsellor, I draw upon different counselling theories that offer flexible ways of working with you, keeping your best interests in mind in our work together. I have a person-centred grounding to my work and tend to integrate and draw upon psychodynamic and Transpersonal themes, or by exploring solution-focused approaches to help you achieve your goals.
If you are having difficulties in your relationships, I can help you to talk about and explore these issues. These might be current or past relationship issues, and I can help you to be aware of re-occurring patterns such as why we are attracted to a certain type of person.
I work with a wide range of issues and have an interest in working with issues of diversity and difference, cultural issues, or issues that might be perceived as taboo or unspeakable in society, community or with family.
I am experienced in working with bereaved clients, including complex bereavement and clients bereaved by sudden or traumatic death. I work with clients who bring issues at the end of life, and work with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and other aspects of trauma in adulthood or childhood. I support survivors of rape and other aspects of sexual trauma, as well as working with adults who experienced neglect or emotional abuse in their lives.
I also work with clients who want to explore their present situations and I provide counselling for anxiety, depression, low self esteem, work related stress. Sometimes we find ourselves in a cycle with what feels like no way out, and change seems impossible. I work with clients to build confidence or help you to look at these issues and put strategies for coping or change in place.
I have experience working with counselling/Psychotherapy students and qualified therapists.
I have an established private practice and am a Practice Manager in a counselling agency as well as seeing clients who are referred by their employer and EAP. I have previously worked in local counselling services and in a bereavement service.
Please see my website for further information.
'So, like a forgotten fire, a childhood can always flare up within us'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Supervision training (current)
- Accredited with the Foundation of Infant Loss (2018)
- Accredited with the BACP (2018)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling (2017)
- Diploma in Transpersonal Couples Counselling (2016), CCPE
- BACP Certificate of Profiviency (2015)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Integrative (2015)
- Bereavement Counselling Training (2013)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies and Theory (2013)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2012)
I attend regular Professional Development workshops. and training including:
- BACP Private Practice Conference: Loss: What does it mean for me now?
- Working with survivors and those bereaved or affected by disaster (terrorism, technological and natural disaster) - London Bridge and Manchester attacks, Grenfell and tsunami, for example
- Grief when a child dies at any age (St Christopher's Hospice)
- Working with bereaved older people
- Grief across cultures
- Bereft as an experience
- Accredited with the Foundation of Infant Loss Training
- Childhood sexual abuse within families
- Understanding borderline personality disorder
- Working with dreams
- Working with clients with eating disorde
- Attachment theory in clinical practice
- Working with anxious clients
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Difference and diversity
Identity and belonging
Individuals - £50.00. Some concessions.
Counselling trainees £30.00
Supervision - £40.00 for 60 minutes
BACP Accreditation support - £20.00 for 60 minutes
Please contact me by email, telephone or text message and I will respond a soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available at various times throughout the week.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|