Andrew Matthews BSc MA MBACP Counsellor/Psychotherapist
07402 690 600 / 07402 690 600
Have you ever been truly listened to and had the opportunity to live your own life?
I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist based in the coastal town of Broadstairs, Kent.
My approach involves working together to find the best possible outcome for you as an individual or as a couple. This partnership is vital. Research and my experience has consistently shown this to be true.
Our work can explore any of your concerns. These might include issues with abuse, panic attacks, addiction, shame, sadness and depression. My areas of speciality are:
• Anxiety – Uncovering the causes with the view of restoring healthy living.
• Personal Boundaries - Improving self-esteem, confidence and gaining respectful attitudes from others.
• Relationships – Understanding yourself and others by examining expectations and the narratives that often hold us back from having fulfilled and authentic lives.
• Sexuality and Sexual Identity. Exploring how to get the most out of what it is that you need and desire.
Well-being and happiness is possible. It sometimes just needs a little hope and the right professional support.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (B.A.C.P.)
- Academic and training qualifications related to professional Counselling and Psychotherapy:
- MA Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton, London
- BSc (hons) Psychology, Birkbeck, London
- Diploma Applied Psychology, Birkbeck, London
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£45-£60 for Individuals and £55-£70 for Couples (subject to affordability).
Our initial session is free and an opportunity for us to discuss your concern.
Therapy can be either short or long-term with no minimum or maximum number of sessions.
Private practice conveniently located near Broadstairs railway station and local bus stops.
Off-street parking is available.
Embracing and encouraging diversity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|