Alex Pearce - Psychotherapist in Central London
I will listen to you carefully, reliably, and without prejudice in order to help you explore your thoughts, feelings, and way of life.
Send me an email, or call and leave a message. I'll get back to you within twenty-four hours. You can tell me about your situation, and we’ll discuss what to do next. I offer a free initial meeting, which is confidential and without obligation.
I work from consulting rooms in two locations: central London, a short walk from Oxford Circus, Goodge Street and Great Portland Street tube stations; and Maida Vale (W9).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy from Birkbeck, University of London
- Masters degrees in Philosophy and Linguistics
- Candidate of the British Psychoanalytical Society.
- Clinical experience working for charities, the NHS, and the London Clinic of Psychoanalysis.
- I am registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and abide by their Ethical Framework.
As well my clinical training, which is psychoanalytic, my previous work teaching Philosophy and Literature has given me an interest in the social, economic and cultural context of the self, and a belief in the ethical and creative potential of psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£60-£80 per session. No fee for an initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client