I offer both short and long-term counselling in Eastbourne for people experiencing a variety of issues. I am also a life coach and EFT practitioner.
I believe in offering my work in a warm, supportive and non-judgmental environment, offering clients a safe space in which to explore their issues confidentially. In this way, clients are able to feel understood and accepted totally, allowing for an open and honest therapeutic relationship to take place. It is through this genuine encounter that I believe clients can begin to really explore themselves in ways which will allow growth and personal development in their lives.
I work creatively as well as in a more goal-focused way as different clients like to work in different ways. At the heart of all my work however is a belief that the client knows best and so I work in a collaborative way, respecting and honouring the individual at all times.
I have worked in education and community-based settings for around 30 years in different capacities; the main focus being on supporting people to achieve their full potential in life. My belief that people, given the right circumstances in life and the right type of support, can begin to grow and flourish is my passion and driving force.
I also offer couples counselling.
I welcome telephone or email contact as an opportunity for you to ask me questions, have an informal chat and organise an initial introductory session. We can explore together what you would like from counselling and whether my approach is the right one for you.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) and Diploma in Person Centred Counselling - Metanoia Institute
- Post-graduate Therapist to Coach Senior Practitioner in Coaching advanced diploma
- Level 3 Emotional Freedom Technoque (EFT)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Supervision - CCPT
- PGCE (post-16)
- Certificate in Introduction to CBT - Fusion Psychotherapy
- Trained and worked for CRUSE Bereavement Care, Brighton (person-centred)
- Trained and worked for SASS (Sussex Alcohol and Substance Use Service), Hove (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused)
- Trained and worked for YPC (Young People's Centre), Brighton (Integrative)
- Co-facilitated an alcohol-recovery therapy group for SASS (Gestalt)
I am a qualified tutor and run personal development workshops including: 'Managing Stress', 'Working with Anxiety', and 'Assertiveness', 'confidence-building'. I am a co-lead tutor on the Person-Centred Foundation Degree at Sussex Downs College and a tutor on the BSc in Person-Centred Counselling, Sussex Downs (both courses accredited by the University of Brighton).
I offer CPD workshops for mental health professionals for South Coast Wellbeing and Training - (website currently being developed).
I supervise trainee and qualified counsellors and coaches.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Personal development, self-esteem, assertiveness, animal bereavement, relaxation techniques.
Team-building; managing organisational change; conflict resolution for organisations.
Life Coaching; meaning of life and life purpose; managing life transitions.
Anxiety; internal critic.
£50 per session (face to face, online, phone).
For counselling students:
Counselling: £40 per session
Supervision £45 per hour.
£60 per hour; £90 for 1.5 hrs
Couples counselling: £65 per hour.
£60 p/h, £90 per 1.5 hrs
Coaching Program: contact Su for further information about these.
- Bilingual Spanish/English and a Reiki Master practitioner.
- Registered Member of the BACP and working towards accreditation; EMCC and IACPT.
- Experienced mentor for those studying PGCE/CertEd at Sussex Downs College.
- Ran workshops on: 'How to Present Yourself Well' and 'Relaxation and Coping Strategies' for Sussex Learning Solutions, for those seeking employment.
- Run Signature Workshop on Personal Transformation and Life Purpose and One-day Wellbeing Retreat (visit www.suorosa.com for more information).
- Member of the Eastbourne Person-Centred Community Group