Su Orosa (Registered) MBACP
I offer both short and long-term counselling in Eastbourne for people experiencing a variety of issues. I am also a life coach and EFT practitioner.
I believe in offering my work in a warm, supportive and non-judgmental environment, offering clients a safe space in which to explore their issues confidentially. In this way, clients are able to feel understood and accepted totally, allowing for an open and honest therapeutic relationship to take place. It is through this genuine encounter that I believe clients can begin to really explore themselves in ways which will allow growth and personal development in their lives.
I work creatively as well as in a more goal-focused way as different clients like to work in different ways. At the heart of all my work however is a belief that the client knows best and so I work in a collaborative way, respecting and honouring the individual at all times.
I have worked in education and community-based settings for around 30 years in different capacities; the main focus being on supporting people to achieve their full potential in life. My belief that people, given the right circumstances in life and the right type of support, can begin to grow and flourish is my passion and driving force.
I also offer couples counselling.
I welcome telephone or email contact as an opportunity for you to ask me questions, have an informal chat and organise an initial introductory session. We can explore together what you would like from counselling and whether my approach is the right one for you.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) and Diploma in Person Centred Counselling - Metanoia Institute
- Post-graduate Therapist to Coach Senior Practitioner in Coaching advanced diploma
- Level 2 Emotional Freddom Technoque (EFT)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Supervision - CCPT
- PGCE (post-16)
- Certificate in Introduction to CBT - Fusion Psychotherapy
- Trained and worked for CRUSE Bereavement Care, Brighton (person-centred)
- Trained and worked for SASS (Sussex Alcohol and Substance Use Service), Hove (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused)
- Trained and worked for YPC (Young People's Centre), Brighton (Integrative)
- Co-facilitated an alcohol-recovery therapy group for SASS (Gestalt)
I am a qualified tutor and run personal development workshops including: 'Managing Stress', 'Working with Anxiety', and 'Assertiveness', 'confidence-building'. I am a co-lead tutor on the Person-Centred Foundation Degree at Sussex Downs College and a tutor on the BSc in Person-Centred Counselling, Sussex Downs (both courses accredited by the University of Brighton).
I supervise trainee and qualified counsellors and coaches.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Personal development, self-esteem, assertiveness, animal bereavement, relaxation techniques.
Team-building; managing organisational change; conflict resolution for organisations.
Life Coaching; meaning of life and life purpose; managing life transitions.
Photos & videos
£50 per session (face to face, online, phone).
For counselling students:
Counselling: £35 per session
Supervision £50 per hour.
£45 per hour; £70 for 1.5 hrs
Couples counselling: £65 per hour.
£60 p/h, £90 per 1.5 hrs
Coaching Packages: contact Su for further information about these.
- Bilingual Spanish/English and a Reiki Master practitioner.
- Registered Member of the BACP and working towards accreditation; EMCC and IACPT.
- Experienced mentor for those studying PGCE/CertEd at Sussex Downs College.
- Ran workshops on: 'How to Present Yourself Well' and 'Relaxation and Coping Strategies' for Sussex Learning Solutions, for those seeking employment.
- Run Signature Workshop on Personal Transformation and Life Purpose
- Member of the Eastbourne Person-Centred Community Group
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|