Simon Hunt MBACP, PG Dip. Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Counselling West Scotland
St. Mary's Street
Dumfries & Galloway
07522 297929 (please ring or text 8am - 9pm, anyday) / Day - Evening - Weekend - Short-Notice Appointments
When life gets tough it can be so hard to know just what to do to put things right. Feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, difficulties within our relationships - these things are not always easy to change on our own, especially for the longer-term. I understand that.
As a professional Counsellor and Psychotherapist I believe that counselling can help you to make sense of things. It can make a real difference to how you feel, how you act, and is a big step forward. Counselling is there for you, no matter what the problem. Simply put, it is a practical way to make your life better.
Counselling is confidential, you can be free to talk about anything that is bothering you. Many clients find that it doesn't take too long before the benefits of counselling begin to ripple through their daily lives. They tell me that just talking things through helps them to see their situation much more clearer. They begin to naturally feel stronger making decisions, taking action, and beginning to put what's wrong, right.
Counselling tends to be shorter-term work, where today's issues are talked through. Psychotherapy seeks out the underlying issues. A little time spent in this way, to undertake regular counselling, psychotherapy, can bring many rewards - for yourself, and for those you are close to.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland Counselling Supervision Certificate, Edinburgh Napier University
- Registered Counsellor / Psychotherapist of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
University Speaker on 'The Value of Counselling'.
Founding Member of the Life Coaching Division of the BACP and can offer life coaching as an alternative, or an addition, to counselling and psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
All sessions can be either 60 or 90 minutes long and are charged at £40 for 60 minutes and £60 for 90 minutes, and include:
- Life Coaching
- Couple Counselling (90 mins)
- Skype Online Counselling
- Telephone Counselling
- Clinical Supervision sessions for Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Professionals
Please ring, text, or email me to ask any questions or to arrange a day and time for your first appointment.
Or, if you would prefer to go straight ahead and book an initial appointment, there is the option to use a calendar link on the Appointments page at www.counsellingwestscotland.com and I will confirm your appointment by return.
Often, an initial getting-to-know-each-other appointment can be so helpful in taking that first step into counselling. I want you to feel comfortable, that you are free to talk about whatever's on your mind.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The private, comfortable practice room is just a 2 minute walk from the local train station. It has parking right outside and is situated on the ground floor for easy access.
8am - 9pm daily, including weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Please feel free to contact me at any time - we can have a chat about your personal supervision requirements, and how I may be able to help.