Workshop for people who have experienced sexual abuse and for those that support them
“Shake it off! Letting go of shame, sexual confusion and loneliness after sexual abuse”
A relaxed and friendly environment where we will come together to learn, share and support each other.
- Break out of isolation and meet others in a safe space.
- Understand the impact of the past on our relationships.
- Identifying and confront the shame we may live under.
- Understanding our anger and challenging our self contempt.
- Building good boundaries in relationships.
- Repossessing our sexuality so it works for us.
- Safe for survivors: relevant for partners/friends and professionals.
Please note: This workshop contains no graphic details of past abuse.
Date: Saturday 5th November 2016
Venue: Kensington High Street, London W8
Cost: £35/£30/£25 (includes refreshments and handouts)
Partners, friends, support workers and counsellors also very welcome.
The workshop is led by a survivor and all facilitators are professionally trained in counselling and group facilitation. BACP and ACC ethics apply.
Comments by people who have attended our past workshops:
“I left the workshop with so much hope....it shone a light on my life....and brought understanding to the root causes.”
“A brilliant workshop I learnt so much.”
“Great information …great tools to help me to continue to move forward.”
“There was a real sense of respect and understanding from the facilitators.”
“I was able to take some things away which were new and life changing.”
Email: Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.intothelight.org.uk.
About the host
Into The Light is a CIC and not for profit organisation that offers counselling, support and resources for survivors of sexual abuse and those that support them. BACP ethics apply and facilitators are professional counsellors.