Understanding anorexia and bulimia CPD. How can we work and support sufferers?
How can we support and work with sufferers?
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of anorexia and bulimia.
- To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers.
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia (DSM V reference).
- Characteristics of bulimia (DSM V reference).
- Research – anorexia and addiction.
- The cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia.
- Attachment theory relating to eating disorders.
- Case study.
- 12-step model and its correlation to the NICE guidelines for working with eating disorders.
- Steps 1-12 summarised.
- Lily’s poem.
Five hour CPD certificates issued.
About the host
I have worked in this field for over 15 years and am also in recovery from an eating disorder for over 26 years. As well as counselling, I develop and deliver CPD training programmes. Please see Counselling Directory event listings for another workshop on September 23rd - working with obesity, looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder.