The art of counselling children and young people
This is OPALS original workshop being repeated for you. It is the launchpad for a series of workshops that go into more depth about the issues that are brought with this client group.
OPALS (Open Pathways Accessing Learning and Support).
Facilitated by Mo Sharpe and Sarah Quirke.
Time: 10am till 4pm (with an hour break for lunch at 1pm which is not provided but we are within two minutes of the town).
The day will cover:
- The difference between this and working with adults.
- What role you might be taking.
- The use of strategies and tools.
- Incorporating tools and materials in your work.
- Where you stand with child protection and Gillick competency.
- How to manage ending.
We will share:
- Our experience.
- Our tools/materials (to let you see the type of tool you could use).
Limited places available.
About the host
Mo and Sarah are very experienced counsellors and clinical supervisors. They work in quite different environments and so are able to offer different ideas around working with this client group.
OPALS offers a selection of workshops, many of which relate to working with young people.
This first one sets the scene for the oncoming series.