Meditation as a therapeutic strategy - Dr William Bloom
Wheelers Green Way
This workshop will be an oasis for therapists, healthcare workers and caregivers to explore and experience how meditation can be used and enabled in a therapeutic situation.
The day will include:
- Physical health benefits.
- Psychological benefits.
- Underlying science of psycho-neuro-endocrinology.
- Relaxation and stress control.
- Use of breath, visualisation, body awareness.
- Connection and community.
- Meaning and identity.
- Benefits of meditative relationship with nature and landscape.
- Mindfulness, vipassana, zen, inner dialogue, self-as-therapist.
- A person-centred approach to supporting clients and service-users.
The seminar will be interactive as well as theoretical, and will include a strong element of experiential learning, enabling you to teach your clients the health and well-being benefits of meditation and mindfulness.
About the host
William Bloom well known in the field of meditation and wellbeing, books including The Endorphin Effect, Meditation in a Changing World, and The Power of Modern Spirituality. As one of the UK’s leading educators and authors on wellbeing, holistic health and spirituality and founder of the Spiritual Companions Trust.