MBCT 8 week Mindfulness course
Even though we do our best to live a balanced and healthy life, our day is challenged by unexpected phone calls, demanding family, long emails, deadlines at work, bad news, no internet signal, a friend’s life crisis, our pet to take to the vet and lots more that gets our attention pulling us into a vortex of stress, anxiety and worry.
How can we stop our mind from going down this funnel?
Even though we might have received a good education and we might have raised by caring parents, nobody taught us how to efficiently use our mind.
This Mindfulness course has been designed to help you to deal with your daily challenges. It will teach you how to face your difficulties without feeling overwhelmed by distress and pressure, and to understand how your mind functions.
With this course you will learn to:
- Develop new ways to respond to challenges
- Cope with stress, anxiety and difficult emotions
- Enhance your health and well-being
- Understand how your mind works
- Break unwanted thoughts patterns
- Deal more effectively with worries and depression
- Face illness and pain with greater confidence
- Restore balance
- Experience peace
- Sleep better
- Relax more easily,
- Gain more enjoyment in life
This course is for the general public looking for support or who are interested in personal development or self-improvement. It is also for professionals and trainees looking for qualifying courses or CPD workshops. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
The course includes:
- 8 two hours group sessions
- Course materials and CD's
- Home practice
- A day practice session
- Between-session email or phone support as required
- Book - “Mindfulness – a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world” – M.Williams, D Penman
Some testimonials from whom attended the previous course:
"Thank you for teaching us the Mindfulness course. It has been an amazing discovery and process. I hope it will be part of my daily life."
"Thank you for the care, support, wisdom and compassion you have shown us all, while teaching us this life changing course!"
“... Surpassed all my expectations!”
"I am able now to step back from the fast pace of life. I appreciate the present far more. My concentration has improved. I am far less stressed about not managing to achieve what I set out to do every day."
“I enjoy my good sleep now!”
“I looked forward to it each week, and even if I didn’t practice every day it was there in my head, affecting my reflections and my response to life.”
And be aware that:
“Mindfulness is based on mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT). It is recommended by the UK’s National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and is as effective as drugs for preventing depression. But, more important, it also works for the rest of us who aren’t depressed but who are struggling to keep up with the constant demands of the modern world”.
Mark Williams, Danny Penman – 'Mindfulness, a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world.'
8 Week mindfulness course
- Tuesday evening
- Starting 3rd October and then 10th, 17th and 31st October, 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th November, and Saturday 25th November
- 7pm – 9pm
- £225 or £195 if you pay by Wednesday 20th September
- Places limited
I offer a 30 minute free session for anyone who is interested or curious about the course, but not quite sure if it is for him/her.
Through the free session you will:
- Experience a mindfulness breath and body meditation
- Know me and how I work
- Have time for questions
- Feel if this approach is beneficial for you.
Places are limited. Feel free to contact me for questions and advice.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
About the host
I am a MBACP counsellor and Mindfulness teacher.
The Mindfulness is central to my practice and my life.
It supports my counselling skills, it helps me to deal with my challenges and to develop compassion towards my self and others.