Dreams and symbols
Are you interested in dreams and symbols from a personal and a professional level? In this full day workshop, we will explore the meaning and use of symbols, the symbolisation process and enter the symbolic territory of the dream. Dreams are meaning laden events and understanding how to analyse them is useful not only within your practice, but also in terms of your own self-realisation.
Many clinicians generally associate symbols with Jungian practice and theory but symbolisation itself, and the therapeutic engagement with symbols, is manifested in all therapeutic work. Even transforming an emotion into a word is a symbolising process, as is a client turning thoughts into a narrative. Essentially we live in a symbolic world and we are co-creators in this as we layer and apply meaning and consciousness to the world of image around us.
- In this interesting workshop, we will open up the mind to the magnificent realm of symbols and how they create and contain personal meaning
- How to work with symbols in a client context
- We will focus on the definition of symbols and their interpretation as we gain an understanding of the meaning laden quality of symbolisation
- We will apply understanding to dreams giving consideration to key theorists in this area
- We will engage with a presented model of dream analysis and interpretation
- To amplify understandings of symbols and dreams, we will be using personal and case examples and will also look at the meanings held within the imagery of the tarot
- Please bring your own personal symbol to today's workshop.
Please contact me to book your place.
CPD certificates are available on request.
About the host
Paula Fenn is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist in private practice in the Bath area. She is BACP accredited and works within the field of psychotherapy, regression therapy, spirit release and energy healing. Paula is a faculty member of Earthworks where she teaches a range of topics which integrate the psychological and the energetic/esoteric.