CPD: a fresh look at mental disorders and psychopathology
Join us for a vital mental health update for counsellors with leading psychiatry lecturer
Dr Sean Cross, ideal for students and qualified counsellors. The following topics will be covered:-
- Psychiatry history, disorder classification and symptom run through.
- Risk assessment and management with self-harm and suicidal ideation case examples.
- The Mental Health Act & Mental Capacity Act with case examples.
- Mental health medications – information for counsellors.
- Mental Health services inside and outside the NHS with case walk examples.
About the host
Dr Sean Cross is a Consultant Psychiatrist in the NHS and visiting lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, where he teaches at Kings College, London and the Maudsley. He is involved in a number of education and training projects for medical staff and mental health professionals.